How to Upgrade RAM acer es1-571

Just_Tom
Just_Tom Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an acer es1-571 series with a 4gb ram. I'd like to upgrade its Ram to 12gb. Would it cause any harm to my laptop? I recently saw a comment on youtube stating acer laptops do not recognize foreign Ram installed within the computer....is this true?

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,305 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Here are the features of ram memory for your model:
    Number of DIMM socket 1; Maximum memory size per socket 8 GB
    Maximum system memory size 16 GB
    DIMM type DDR3L SDRAM
    DIMM speed 1600 MHz
    DIMM voltage 1.35 V
    DIMM package 204-pin SO-DIMM
    However some models came with DDR3 and so I suggest you check this information with aida64.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Just_Tom,

Below is the RAM upgrade details for your Acer laptop ES1-571.

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,006 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @Just_Tom
    System Memory
    Dual-channel DDR3L SDRAM support
    Up to 8 GB of DDR3L system memory, upgradable to 16 GB using two soDIMM modules

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Jack22
    Answer ✓
    @Just_Tom
    Since your laptop came with 4GB Ram you can add an 12Gb
    Any Ram with above specs should work on your laptop

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Yes! Because this particular notebook model came with a ddr3 and not with a ddr3L!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Here are the features of ram memory for your model:
    Number of DIMM socket 1; Maximum memory size per socket 8 GB
    Maximum system memory size 16 GB
    DIMM type DDR3L SDRAM
    DIMM speed 1600 MHz
    DIMM voltage 1.35 V
    DIMM package 204-pin SO-DIMM
    However some models came with DDR3 and so I suggest you check this information with aida64.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Just_Tom,

Below is the RAM upgrade details for your Acer laptop ES1-571.

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Jack22
    Answer ✓
    @Just_Tom
    System Memory
    Dual-channel DDR3L SDRAM support
    Up to 8 GB of DDR3L system memory, upgradable to 16 GB using two soDIMM modules

• Jack22
    Answer ✓
    @Just_Tom
    Since your laptop came with 4GB Ram you can add an 12Gb
    Any Ram with above specs should work on your laptop

• Just_Tom

Tinkerer

Thanks a lot guys.... Curious, is there a major difference between dimm type DDR3 and DDR3L
  • Just_Tom

Tinkerer

I just checked with Aida 64 and got these results, could anyone explain the difference in clock speed i.e 800Mhz and 1600 MHz, and voltage difference?

• Just_Tom

Tinkerer

Hi @egydiocoelho , @Jack22, @Balatekie .... kindly assist with above. Thank you.
  • The ram memory speed is multiplied by 2. That's why ram memory works at 1600mhz, ie 800x2 = 1600!
    The ddr3 memory operates at a voltage of 1.5v, while the ddr3L memory operates at a voltage of 1.35v or 1.5v. These memories, because they are backward compatible, can be used together in the second and third generation core i processors because they are backward compatible. However, not all motherboard models support this backward compatibility!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Just_Tom

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho Since not all motherboards support this backward compatibility, so it would be more safer to have another DDR3 RAM but not DDR3L RAM in the second DIMM socket?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Yes! Because this particular notebook model came with a ddr3 and not with a ddr3L!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Just_Tom

Tinkerer

Thanks alot man... @egydiocoelho
  • You are Welcome my friend!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer