Predator Orion 5000 PO5-610 turn off lights

ms2750
ms2750 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Hi. I had my pc for some time, and I was wondering if theres a way to turn off the lights in it. I enjoy horror games and would like to be able to turn off all the light in the room. I been searching around to see if I could find a solotuion, but so far I can't seem to find any. Predator Sense dosen't have one, BIO's dosen't have one. Any idea how to turn it off?

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    ms2750,

I request you to download & install latest version of Predator Sense from https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7626?b=1

Once it is installed, your Predator Sense should be looking like below. Following the red marking you can turn off the lighting settings in computer. 

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• ms2750
    ms2750 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Sorry my mistake. I forgot to say that it's the fan lights and the front panel lights I would like to be able to turn off. Got the newest version and can turn the one inside off, but its the one outside thats way to bride and are missing options to do so.
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    ms2750 said:
    Sorry my mistake. I forgot to say that it's the fan lights and the front panel lights I would like to be able to turn off. Got the newest version and can turn the one inside off, but its the one outside thats way to bride and are missing options to do so.
    That's design of the unit and it can't be turned off. You can cover the lights with a dark tape, hence you can enjoy dark room experience while playing horror games. :)
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Balatekie said:
    ms2750 said:
    That's design of the unit and it can't be turned off. You can cover the lights with a dark tape, hence you can enjoy dark room experience while playing horror games. :)
    Or maybe just disconnect the fans from the RGB headers.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Better to cover the lights than disconnect the fans, IMHO.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.