May have I damaged the battery? Predator Helios 500

predatorofman
predatorofman Member Posts: 62 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi all,

I bought my brand new Predator Helios 500 two days ago,and I was using it while it was plugged into the charger for almost all of the time for two days.Today I left it to the battery to drain,but I forgot to start charging it ,and it turned off, then I turned in on and I got a message: Battery critically low.
Then I plugged it to the charger and it turned on without any problem,it is charging at the moment.

Is there a possibility I have damaged the battery because of using it plugged into charger,and then completely drain it and get the critically low battery warning?

Please tell me.
Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• AlpineTom
    AlpineTom Member Posts: 58 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited January 2019 Answer ✓
    First of all, your battery is fine. It's not damageed in any way.

The reason you got that message is because the battery was drained completely. When you then plugged the charger back in, the battery started recharging but was at that time still below the "critical low" threshold. This threshold is when Windows gives the warning to remind you to connect the charger again because your battery is low and the laptop could will turn off soon. It's not a warning that there's something wrong with the battery itself.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    No, you haven't damaged the battery. 
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• AlpineTom
    AlpineTom Member Posts: 58 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited January 2019 Answer ✓
    First of all, your battery is fine. It's not damageed in any way.

The reason you got that message is because the battery was drained completely. When you then plugged the charger back in, the battery started recharging but was at that time still below the "critical low" threshold. This threshold is when Windows gives the warning to remind you to connect the charger again because your battery is low and the laptop could will turn off soon. It's not a warning that there's something wrong with the battery itself.