Stylus suggestions for Acer Switch V 10 (sw5-017p-17jj)

Malkayah
Malkayah Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I've had my Switch V 10 for about 2 weeks, and I'm interested in adding a stylus for taking brief notes in meetings and while on the go. I've had a little trouble deciphering which type of active stylus, and in particular bluetooth requirements, etc would work best for this device. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,004 Pathfinder
    @Malkayah
    Please check the below link to know the compatibility of stylus for Acer laptops
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42675/~/acer-products-that-support-an-active-stylus

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Malkayah
    Thanks @Jack22. I've seen that list, and I see a number of similar devices listed, but my specific model number is not listed at all, neither with the type of stylus is supported, nor with the asterisk noting that Active stylus is not supported on my device. The list stops with the SW5-015, which appears to be a predecessor to my device. I could assume, perhaps that the same stylus supported for the SW5-015 and later 11in models would also work with mine, but since there appears to be a difference between the 014 & 015 models, I would just like to be sure if possible before making a purchase.

I have found third-party reviews stating that the device operated satisfactorily with an active stylus, but none of those reviews indicated the type of stylus used for the testing. 

If anyone may have any additional information I would appreciate it.
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,004 Pathfinder
    @Malkayah
    I do see the list which i gave you was the updated one and i do see unfortunately non of the stylus is compatible with your unit.

• Malkayah
    @Jack22
    That doesn't explain why the device is not listed, since there is an option for "*Does not support Active Stylus" on the document, which is used on even earlier version of the 10 in tablet, the SW5-011 & 012. This, alongside the third-party review information that I have found leads me to believe that my device may have unintentionally omitted from this list. 

Perhaps not and you are correct that this is an exhaustive list, but that still does not make sense nor explain why there would be some devices listed that do not support a stylus while other devices are merely left off and you must assume the fact based on the omission.
  • jiji2200
    jiji2200 Member Posts: 2 New User
    what is the model number. Check Device Manager for imaging devices. Jack E/NJ