WiFi doens't work if I connect the charger

Mitssu
Mitssu Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Good day to all of you. First of all I want to clarify that I'm not an English speaker like, native, but well, I just want to be helped but I actually lost the hope lol :anguished:
Well, my problem is that when I connect the charger, WiFi can appear like connected but the pages don't actually load, nothing. After that, the yellow triangle appears, then can appears like not connected, like trying to reconnect, but when I disconnect the charger, the network Works perfectly, like I'm doing right now.
I have changed the cable, that one that is in contact with the energy power 3 times, so like I don't think that is the problem anymore, anyway, I don't have trouble charging the laptop.
I have restored the laptop twice, the first I didn't erase all the personal records and in the second one, I erased everything.
Also I tried uninstalling the antivirus, I read that sometimes it can "limit" your network use. 
I tried some YT tutorials, entering to CMD, executing some commands. I tried it with charger (it said in some commands that I had to be connected to network) and I tried without the charger (I could execute all the commands but nothing happened) and yes, I restarted the laptop, like, millions of times :anguished: 
Also, we thought there was some issues with the local network but first, the problem is only on this laptop and second, we called and everything was OK. I also tried the Windows problem solver (I have W10) and 2 things appear.
1. Restart router, modem, typical, I tried too
2. I don't know how to say this in English, bridge link? In Spanish is "Puente de enlace predeterminado no disponible" (not corrected)
And, The connection between the Access point, router or modem by cable and network don't work (detected)
When I do that, maybe it fix the network but it doesn't last more tan 20 secs.

That is all I think, please, help me :anguished: Thanks :'(

Best Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,004 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @Mitssu

Right click on Battery > Power Options > Change Plan Settings > Change advanced power settings > Wireless Adapater Settings > Power Saving Mode > Under On Battery, select Low or Medium Power Saving and if that doesn't work, Maximum performance

1. Troubleshoot Power 
    Type troubleshoot in Windows Start Search box > Click Troubleshoot > Scroll down > Click Power > Run the troubleshooter > Follow on-screen direction. 

2. Restore Default for Power Settings 
    Right click on battery icon in system tray > Power options > Click Change Plan Settings > Click Restore default settings for this plan

3. Disable Fast Startup 
    Right click on battery icon in system tray > Power options > Click Choose what the power buttons do > Click Change settings that are currently unavailable > Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup > Click Save changes 

4. Uninstall / Install Battery Driver 
    Shut down your computer > Detach power chord > Remove battery > Attach power chord > Reboot your computer 
    Windows Key+X > Device Manager > Expand Batteries > Right-click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System > Uninstall > Shutdown the computer > Remove the power chord > Attach your battery > Attach your power chord > Reboot the computer to automatically install the driver

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Mitssu

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Jack22 dijo:
    @Mitssu

Right click on Battery > Power Options > Change Plan Settings > Change advanced power settings > Wireless Adapater Settings > Power Saving Mode > Under On Battery, select Low or Medium Power Saving and if that doesn't work, Maximum performance

1. Troubleshoot Power 
    Type troubleshoot in Windows Start Search box > Click Troubleshoot > Scroll down > Click Power > Run the troubleshooter > Follow on-screen direction. 

Right click on battery icon in system tray > Power options > Click Change Plan Settings > Click Restore default settings for this plan

3. Disable Fast Startup 
    Right click on battery icon in system tray > Power options > Click Choose what the power buttons do > Click Change settings that are currently unavailable > Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup > Click Save changes 

Shut down your computer > Detach power chord > Remove battery > Attach power chord > Reboot your computer 
    Windows Key+X > Device Manager > Expand Batteries > Right-click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System > Uninstall > Shutdown the computer > Remove the power chord > Attach your battery > Attach your power chord > Reboot the computer to automatically install the driver

I did the first 3 steps and I'll wait if it Works, I have the charger connected and have network! Can't believe it, I Will probably cry lol 
    Dammit, you deserve the world, I'm not even +18 to pay you, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD THANK YOU SO MUUUUUUUUCH, It worked I guess, I'm so EXCITEEEEEEED THIS GUY IS AMAZING

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,004 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @Mitssu

1. Troubleshoot Power 

3. Disable Fast Startup 

• Mitssu

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Jack22 dijo:
    @Mitssu

1. Troubleshoot Power 

3. Disable Fast Startup 

I did the first 3 steps and I'll wait if it Works, I have the charger connected and have network! Can't believe it, I Will probably cry lol 
    Dammit, you deserve the world, I'm not even +18 to pay you, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD THANK YOU SO MUUUUUUUUCH, It worked I guess, I'm so EXCITEEEEEEED THIS GUY IS AMAZING