My acer iconia w701 is screen black not working

Options
System
System Member Posts: 4,521 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Comments

• Pashtoon
    Pashtoon Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have download a bios reset software from https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7312?b=1&pn=NH.Q2QAA.016 when i install it now my acer iconia w701 is screen black not working,
    what can i do now ? please help me.

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    This discussion was created from comments split from: TITLE: [HELP] BIOS RECOVERY filename request for Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51 ==BLACK SCREEN==.

Acer-Manny 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options
    Which BIOS version did you install? Can you get into the BIOS on the computer or does it fail before that? Do you hear any beep codes during boot?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sam00Cleveland
    Sam00Cleveland Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    anybody found a solution to this ?, just done the same update and it seems to have bricked my tablet

Acer should remove this clearly corrupt installer, many people having the same issue !!!!!!!

Disappointing that the issues span over 3 years now too, annoying seeing as i only received this tablet today !
  • Sam00Cleveland
    Sam00Cleveland Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    anybody found a solution to this ?, just done the same update and it seems to have bricked my tablet

Acer should remove this clearly corrupt installer, many people having the same issue !!!!!!!

Disappointing that the issues span over 3 years now too, annoying seeing as i only received this tablet today !
    Managed to sort this - I ended up flashing another file onto the BIOS with an external programmer !, lucky I had one and was able to find a file I guess !!