Aspire E1-572 keyboard doesn't work properly

Options
Peetytwist
Peetytwist Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hey,

today I tried to "resurrect" my Acer Aspire E1-572 Notebook with reinstalling Windows 10 but I noticed that my keyboard doesn't work properly anymore as just the keys "a,f,c,b,n,m,#,+" react and all the others including Enter and Strg don't. An external keyboard works fine and with that help I reinstalled Windows 10 but it didn't help out. Same as deleting and reinstalling the keyboard driver.

Any Ideas?

Greetings

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,621 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    >>>Is there a way to just see if there's a defect on the mainboard connection? >>>

Yep. But you won't like the way in order to 'to just see'.  Google 'acer aspire e1 572 keyboard replacement'   :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Options
    What do you mean by "resurrect"?  Sounds like there were problems before you re-installed Win10. As for the KB, sounds like it's mainboard connections need to be re-seated or needs to be replaced. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Peetytwist

Tinkerer

Options
    First of all thanks for your answer. :)
    Sorry for the imprecisely word. I just meant that the notebook wasn't in use the last year and now I need it again. So I just wanted a clear install before using it. And the keyboard worked fine before I put it away.
    But ye I also thought of it being a hardware problem so I will have to open it and check the mainboard connections.
    Is there a way to just see if there's a defect on the mainboard connection?
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    >>>Is there a way to just see if there's a defect on the mainboard connection? >>>

Yep. But you won't like the way in order to 'to just see'.  Google 'acer aspire e1 572 keyboard replacement'   :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Peetytwist

Tinkerer

Options
    Well it seems as if the Keyboard was broken. I replaced it with a new one after the reconnection of the cable didn't work out and now it's fine.
    Thanks for the advice! 
  • JackE
    Options
    Peetytwist

Glad it worked for you. Congrats! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ