Does acer aspire v531 support virtualization??

KUMISCO
KUMISCO Member Posts: 2 New User
hello all, i have an acer aspire v531 laptop and i am unable to install a virtual machine on the system when running windows 7sp1 as the base operating system. i want to install GNS3 virtual machine to use for my practicals in cisco networking but unfortunately i am unable to. Can some one please clear my doubts on this issue?? thanks in advance

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    It may already be enabled if it's capable. Download this v-detection tool to find out https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=592

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• davefor256
    davefor256 Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    KUMISCO said:
    hello all, i have an acer aspire v531 laptop and i am unable to install a virtual machine on the system when running windows 7sp1 as the base operating system. i want to install GNS3 virtual machine to use for my practicals in cisco networking but unfortunately i am unable to. Can some one please clear my doubts on this issue?? thanks in advance
    Hi Kumisco, we're a Cisco networking and Cisco security partner so I fully understand the need to run GNS3.

I've found that someone on the Virtualbox forum is using your exact laptop model so I am assuming that Virtualisation works virtualbox.org • View topic - change UEFI/BIOS in ACER laptop from a Windows7 guest?

The reason I've mentioned this (and in case anyone else has the same query) is that Type 2 and Type 1 hypervisors work different in terms of the CPU hardware functionality requirements so using a Type 2 hypervisor can be a good option.