SSD for Aspire F15 F5-573G-56SH

ritesh11031985
ritesh11031985 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Can I install SSD in Aspire F15 F5-573G-56SH ? If yes please let me know how and where. Thank you.

Comments

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer
    Yes. You have two choices. You can replace the 2.5" HDD with a 2.5" SSD (item C in image below). Or you can add an m.2 SATA SSD card (item F below) into the slot next to the RAM memory modules (items D & E below). You must remove 3 screws from the HDD, SSD and  RAM door on the bottom to access these. You can safely have a 1TB 2.5" SSD and a 512 GB m.2 SATA SSD. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ritesh11031985
    ritesh11031985 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Which is better one 2.5" SSD or m.2 SSD and which manufacturer would you recommend me?
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    M.2 SATA SSD and regular SATA SSD have the same performance only the form factor an the ports they use are different.

If the M.2 port on your device isn't occupied, I suggest you to purchase an M.2, because this way you can use the HDD. You can install any brand, but the one I would buy is m.2 samsung 860 evo.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• JackE
    >>>Which is better one 2.5" SSD or m.2 SSD and which manufacturer would you recommend me? >>>

If it were mine, I'd choose the one with the lowest price per GB, Samsung, Kingston, etc. I'm not too picky. :) Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• CraigHB
    CraigHB Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter
    I second the Samsung 860 Evo, though if you want to spring for the extra the 860 Pro has longer service life.  If your laptop has an M2 slot and supports NVMe, I'd look at the Samsung 870 Evo or Pro.

Some notes on the M2 drive, it seems Acer laptops typically don't provide an access panel for the M2 drive.  Often times you have to split the case to get to it, I had to do that with my A717-72G anyway. 

NVMe is much faster than SATA 6GB (only available on the M2 slot).  On mine I get about six times faster read speeds with the M2 NVMe drive.  The laptop has to support NVMe and the drive has to be the NVMe type.  It's possible to a use a SATA M2 drive, but it won't be any faster than a 2.5" SATA 6GB in the drive bay.  

You'll have to look into it on your laptop, but some of the older ones can only do NVMe on two lanes, normally it's four.  For those they only get half the max speed capability of the drive.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    F5-573G's M.2 port is with sata interface. NVMe SSD might work, but it will be capped at SATA 3 speeds.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• CraigHB
    edited January 2019
    Wouldn't be worth the trouble then, unless two drives are desired of course.  I have two drives in mine, one in the bay and one in the M2 slot.  I actually bought Intel drives, 545S and 760p, but I'd go with the Samsung drives if I could do it again.  I do have a couple 860 Evo drives I use external over USB 3.1 and they're nice, getting advertised speeds with them.  Though again I'd go with the Samsung T5 portable next time for external drives.
  • ErikStockholm
    ErikStockholm Member Posts: 9 New User
    CraigHB said:
    I second the Samsung 860 Evo, though if you want to spring for the extra the 860 Pro has longer service life.  If your laptop has an M2 slot and supports NVMe, I'd look at the Samsung 870 Evo or Pro.

Some notes on the M2 drive, it seems Acer laptops typically don't provide an access panel for the M2 drive.  Often times you have to split the case to get to it, I had to do that with my A717-72G anyway. 

NVMe is much faster than SATA 6GB (only available on the M2 slot).  On mine I get about six times faster read speeds with the M2 NVMe drive.  The laptop has to support NVMe and the drive has to be the NVMe type.  It's possible to a use a SATA M2 drive, but it won't be any faster than a 2.5" SATA 6GB in the drive bay.  

You'll have to look into it on your laptop, but some of the older ones can only do NVMe on two lanes, normally it's four.  For those they only get half the max speed capability of the drive.
    Hi. You seam to know a lot. I started a thread about my A717-71-53HR https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/560238/a717-71g-53hr/p1?new=1
    What is an NVME lane? How many lanes does one SSD use? 
    To summon my thread: Mine has a free mSATA connector behind one of the removable plastic peices. Are you saying there miight be a free and working m.2 sucket/connector somewhere inside which I could use? How do I find it out?
  • CraigHB
    I offered a reply in your thread.  Hope that helps :)
  • JackE
    ErikStockholm  Your model also supports an m.2 nvme but you must remove the bottom cover to access it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited January 2019
    Hi guys (and gals),

I've got a little different information.  Allow me to share.  :)

Some users installed M.2 SATA SSD or M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD in the M.2 slot that is located under the easy access service panel.

An M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD should run at PCIe speeds, but might possibly be only two lanes.  See links below for speed (small sample size).

You'll need a M.2 SSD screw.  See links below.   You can watch this youtube video too if you'd like...he shows how to install M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD in a F5-573G.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/6849243

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/6215128

https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Aspire-F5-573G/34358

https://www.moddiy.com/products/M2.0-x-3mm-Black-Screws-(CM2X3%2d3.3).html

https://www.ebay.com/itm/M-2-SSD-MOUNTING-SCREWS-Crucial-MX200-PACK-OF-12-M2x3mm-Screw-New-/291771618598

Please note that I don't have an F5-573G, I'm just sharing some info that I found on the internet.  Good luck.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Srisudharsan
    Srisudharsan Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi - I recently installed SSD Crucial M.2 NVMe in Aspire F5-573G, I retained the windows in my 1TB HDD. Now when I try to remove the HDD from the laptop and try to run with SSD it says no bootable device found, I tried boot order in the bios but still its not working, I am unable to make this SSD partition active as it says that only fixed MBR can be made active, I tried to convert this using device manager but the option is disabled. Any guidance from the group ?  Ir is booting from the SSD when I have the HDD retained in the laptop. 
    regards
    Sri
  • JackE
    You need to migrate/clone the Windows system on the HDD to the SSD. The SSD must be GPT partitioned, not MBR partitioned or it can't boot. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Check this video: 
    https://youtu.be/cCmAOwRYNwY
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Would you be able to check if the same problem occurs on another notebook?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)