No sound through HDMI connected to graphics card TC-885 with GeForce GT720

Scott3008
Scott3008 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Hey, New guy here.....
Bought TC-885 with GeForce GT720 card installed. I have connected 2 x ACER SA270 monitors to grahics card. First via hdmi - hdmi, Second via DVI - Hdmi. My problem is that i have no sound out of monitors....
Tried connecting to onboard connectors (vga, 2 x HDMI had covers over them) but they must be factory disabled.
Any help greatly appreciated

Running Windows 10 Home 64bit
8th gen i7 8700
BIOS R01-A3

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    When you bring your sound properties up, what does the OS think it's using for output?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Scott3008
    it says "SA270 (NVIDIA High Defintion Audio)"
  • billsey
    That should work then. Do you have the volume up all the way on the monitor that's connected to the HDMI?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Scott3008
    Yes. Both monitors are at 100...
  • billsey
    Does the sound work to a headset or speakers plugged into the computer?
  • Scott3008
    I plugged headphones into both front and rear sockets and sound works through those
  • billsey
    OK, the only thing that might be missing is if your model didn't have speakers installed. The one connected through a DVI-HDGMI adapter wouldn't do sound because DVI doesn't have sound included, but the direct HDMI one would. What are the exact model numbers on the monitors? Some of the SA270 SKUs have speakers and some do not, IIRC.