E5-575G-57D4 USB 3.0 Will Not Allow Wireless Keyboard Power On

stahlkamania
stahlkamania Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Good afternoon all. I am having a really tough time finding a solution to my problem. Let me start by saying, I purchased a Logitech MK270 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse to pair with my E5-575G-57D4. It has a "PC Power" button on it, so I was hoping I could power my laptop on with it. My laptop has a USB 3.0 port that charges when the PC is sleeping/off as well. I have the Logitech wireless receiver dongle plugged into the correct 3.0 port. I have flashed the BIOS. I have made sure my USB 3.0 drivers are updated. I have checked the keyboard and mouse to wake the pc. I have turned off hybrid sleep. I have turned off hibernation with cmd (Admin). I have disabled USB Selective Suspend Setting. ETC.

My biggest concern is, in device manager for my USB 3.0 controller, the following is grayed out: "Allow this device to wake computer." I have tried to enable this via powercfg in CMD (Admin mode) but it will not let me. Says I cannot do it.

So, am I just not able to power on my laptop wirelessly? Did I try everything? Is it my Logitech dongle? Help please :) Thank you all!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,475 Trailblazer
    >>>My biggest concern is, in device manager for my USB 3.0 controller, the following is grayed out: "Allow this device to wake computer." >>>

That's normal. The device in this case is the thing that plugged into the port, not the port or its controller. See if you can find the KB listed in Device Manager's keyboard folder. Like a wireless mouse, it should have a wake power mgt setting that's not grayed out. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• stahlkamania

Tinkerer

Good morning. You are correct, I did have that setting and I have it checked to say "Allow this device to wake computer." I wonder...does it have anything to do with the wireless keyboard reciever? Maybe it doesnt work on USB 3.0? I also looked at the BIOS but there is not power management options except to wake on LAN.
  • JackE
    The wireless KB, like the wireless mouse, will only wake the laptop that's asleep. It won't wake the laptop that's turned off. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• stahlkamania

Tinkerer

Correct, I put the laptop only to sleep...not hibernate or turn it off. I looked at the powercfg and it looks like its going into the lightest sleep state as well.
  • JackE
    If your wireless mouse's dongle wakes it up in the USB3 port, then the wireless KB's dongle is suspect not the USB3 port. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• stahlkamania

Tinkerer

edited January 2019
    So neither the wireless mouse nor the KB wake it up. The dongle works for both the keyboard and the mouse. I have both of them checked in device manager to wake up the laptop from sleep but still does not work :(
  • JackE
    Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in the left pane. Are all the settings set to sleep mode? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• stahlkamania

Tinkerer

Sorry for the delay! except I have it set to not sleep when I close the lid so it can display to my monitor...although funny thing is...it still seems to eventually sleep?

I have it set to sleep after 30 minutes...it stays plugged in at all times.

• JackE
    If it was my machine, I would not close the lid while letting the machine run full speed on an  external monitor. Keep the lid open. You may shut the lid screen off with the FN+F5 toggle key while using the external monitor. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ