Can't install past windows 1709, always getting can't updated the system reserved partition error. P

VIPVeral
VIPVeral Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Every time I try to update my windows to version 1809, It just says that we couldn't update the system reserved partition. this goes for a standard update, and with the ISO file update. I've tried factory reset to force the update but that doesn't work either. I've tried deleting the fonts in the partition and that doesn't work. I'm starting to think this is a hardware issue. Anyone have a fix?

Spec:
Acer Helios Predator 300 G3-572
CPU: Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2808 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
OS Version: Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299
RAM: 16 gigs
GPU: GTX 1060 6gig
C DRIVE (SSD): Model KINGSTON RBUSNS8180DS3128GH (120 gigs)
D DRIVE (HDD): Model TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100 (1T)

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    VIPVeral,

Have a look to the Microsoft website with resolution for your issue by clicking here
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• VIPVeral
    VIPVeral Member Posts: 3 New User
    Balatekie said:
    VIPVeral,

Have a look to the Microsoft website with resolution for your issue by clicking here
    I've contacted Microsoft about the issue and a lvl 2 agent had to whip all my drives and then install a fresh version of the latest windows update using a boot usb that we creates with the ISO on it. So that was what finally worked! Thanks for responding!
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    VIPVeral said:
    Balatekie said:
    VIPVeral,

I've contacted Microsoft about the issue and a lvl 2 agent had to whip all my drives and then install a fresh version of the latest windows update using a boot usb that we creates with the ISO on it. So that was what finally worked! Thanks for responding!
    Glad to know that you got your computer to work. :)
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)