Automatic Shut down Aspire E5-575G

Navaneetha
Navaneetha Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an Acer Aspire E5-575G. It shuts down automatically when i am working on it. Could anybody please tell me why this is happening and what I should do ?

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,004 Pathfinder
    edited January 2019
    @Navaneetha
    power drain: Turn off the unit and unplug the charger. remove the battery if you can and press and hold the power button for 30 sec and than try to power on the unit and do the BIOS default
    BIOS default: After power drain is done, power on the unit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you to BIOS page. Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Navaneetha
    Navaneetha Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Jack22 said:
    @Navaneetha
    power drain: Turn off the unit and unplug the charger. remove the battery if you can and press and hold the power button for 30 sec and than try to power on the unit and do the BIOS default
    BIOS default: After power drain is done, power on the unit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you to BIOS page. Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart

It doesnt work.. Problem is still there.
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,004 Pathfinder
    @Navaneetha
    Than i would request you to do a Factory reset on the unit and check. But if you gonna do a reset it will wipe all data on the laptop. so before you try this 
    i request you to take a backup of the data. I hope you are using win 10.

1. Navigate to Settings. ...
    2. Select "Update & security"
    3. Click Recovery in the left pane. ...
    4. Click Get started under Reset this PC.
    5. Click either "Keep my files" or "Remove everything," 
    6. click on remove everything
    7. and after a minute it will ask you do you want to reset. click reset
    This process may take atleast an hour or 2 . so wait . try this step and let us know.