Windows 10 Home Boot Menu nothing showing in boot menu UEFI or LEGACY

xant0
xant0 Member Posts: 2 New User
So I'm having some issues lol. It all started out with "Office 2016 continuously asks for activation". It was happening over and over on most of my customers but more predominately on laptops at 2 of my my nonprofit customers. I thought because they were Volume Licensing, "Standard: This suite, only available through volume licensing channels, includes the core applications, as well as Outlook and Publisher." That for sure was the issue until I installed "Home & Business: This retail suite includes the core applications and Outlook." and the same issue Weeks and weeks trying to figure out if I screwed up, which brings me to my bigger problem.

After I fixed the Office issue I do what I always do and that's to make new restore point after re-configuring the restore to 10%, then ran a chkdsk and restarted and that's when it all happened. :(

So if anyone one has some input into this issue I am having please share with me your experiences and solutions. Thanx all :)

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    What does your BIOS info tab show? Keep BIOS in UEFI mode. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• xant0
    xant0 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2019
    JackE said:
    What does your BIOS info tab show? Keep BIOS in UEFI mode. Jack E/NJ
    I did include a screenshot of both BIOS in UEFI and LEGACY modes, are the pictures not showing up? I am attaching 7 pix, including the "No Bootable Device. The other 6 are every tab and what every tab says. Maybe this will make it clearer. Sorry about that :).

OK JackE they are all set and uploaded and if anyone wants to chime in feel free. :) Thanx

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Harvey]

• JackE
    >>>After I fixed the Office issue I do what I always do and that's to make new restore point after re-configuring the restore to 10%, then ran a chkdsk and restarted and that's when it all happened>>>

(1) How did you fix the Office issue?
    (2) What do you mean by "after re-configuring the restore to 10%"?
    (3) What ChkDsk switches did you use?
    (4) To get back to BIOS default settings, re-enter the menu. Press F9 for defaults. Press F10 to save and exit.
    (5) Shut down. Turn it back on and re-enter the BIOS menu. Make sure the F12 and D2D options are enabled in the Main tab.
    (6) F10 to save settings and exit. Shut down.
    (7) Turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear as in the video below if the HDD recovery partition hasn't been damaged or corrupted. First try refreshing the system while saving the personal files instead a a full factory reset.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• avijit007
    avijit007 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Im having Exactly same problem after un knowingly formating boot partition (which is 100mb😂) what to do now,my pc showing no bootable device,and boot menu is empty..i cant install win 10 please help
  • JackE
    This thread is 18mos old. Please start your own new thread by clicking the green ask a question button.

Jack E/NJ