AME600-ur368 was working fine until I did my second optimization

EBjimTX
EBjimTX Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Screen came up and wanted me to click here to restore and lose all files. I made a mistake and restarted. Now it comes up asking for boot disk. Can I do anything to bring up restore points?

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    OK, first step then is to download the Windows ISO from Microsoft (not from another site!) and create an install image on a thumb drive or DVD. Then boot from the install and choose Repair, then let it repair the startup. If that doesn't work drop back in and we'll go more in depth as to what's next.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    billsey said:
    OK, first step then is to download the Windows ISO from Microsoft (not from another site!) and create an install image on a thumb drive or DVD. Then boot from the install and choose Repair, then let it repair the startup. If that doesn't work drop back in and we'll go more in depth as to what's next.
    The steps are below:-
    1. On a working PC, go to the Microsoft software download website.
    2. Download the media creation tool and run the program once it is downloaded.
    3. Select Create installation media for another PC.
    4. Choose your language and the version of Windows you want to install (64-bit or 32-bit).
    5. Follow the onscreen steps to create your media.
    NOTE: You will need 16GB USB drive to create installation media. Ensure that USB drive is empty. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• billsey
    Which OS were you running, 8, 8.1 or 10? If 10 have you updated to the latest version? If not which version are you on?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • EBjimTX
    It came with 8 and upgraded to 10.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    billsey said:
    The steps are below:-
    1. On a working PC, go to the Microsoft software download website.
    2. Download the media creation tool and run the program once it is downloaded.
    3. Select Create installation media for another PC.
    4. Choose your language and the version of Windows you want to install (64-bit or 32-bit).
    5. Follow the onscreen steps to create your media.
    NOTE: You will need 16GB USB drive to create installation media. Ensure that USB drive is empty. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• EBjimTX
    I was able to get back to blue screen. Auto fix didn't work. On advanced I got a message. The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Not sure how to unlock. The last time I went to command prompt was 15 years ago on a Pentium 3. Help if you can Please