Fans work but nothing else? - Aspire T ATC-220-EB51

Imgood453
Imgood453 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

I restarted my PC in order to complete a bios update and it didnt turn back on. Whenever I press the power button now the fans and that's all that starts from what I know. Not even the power light comes on. 
I've tried reseating the ram and the unplug everything and hold power button method both of which nothing changed.
My PC is a Acer Aspire T
ATC-220-EB51
Any help is appreciated

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• AlCook
    AlCook Member Posts: 9 New User
    Did you get any answers at all? This has just happened to my PC.
  • AlexSlater1234567
    AlexSlater1234567 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Imgood453 said:
    I restarted my PC in order to complete a bios update and it didnt turn back on. Whenever I press the power button now the fans and that's all that starts from what I know. Not even the power light comes on. 
    I've tried reseating the ram and the unplug everything and hold power button method both of which nothing changed.
    My PC is a Acer Aspire T
    ATC-220-EB51
    Any help is appreciated
    Then it means that no electrical power is going in the wires to your other devices!  Remember devices are considered things like the Fan, Power Supply, Hard Drive, etc. (not wires themselves).

It's pretty simple, that if a device has electric power at the right amount needed, it should go on.  If it doesn't go on, it didn't get electrical power.  Is there any kind of screechy metal sound that some mechanical part is gone bad?

And as for the BIOS, it's understood to be a software that interacts with the hardware parts from your ROM (a different part of the memory board).  If the software isn't matching, it isn't a completely gone computer; but it on some levels cannot control the parts.  Sometimes today the BIOS are not all horizontally-compatible as they say in business; that many different manufacturers may not all have software that supports each other (why, if you ask me has no possible justifiable answer, other than that people are dropping out more and more these days :/).

So that being said, you definetly installed the wrong BIOS software by the looks of it.  Your Hard Drive is still preserved from any BIOS update, and any things you may have had open running are potentially still preserved in the RAM.  No amount of power button stuff will do anything, because the button is only a switch that activates the circuit; it itself is a CONTROL, not a Device!

Hope that helped!  Best to take it in to some repair shop (they're scattered about in your region for sure), and tell them exactly that.  If they have the required cables to do it, they can install the correct basic BIOS from an earlier version onto your machine from another computer of theirs.

Cheers!