edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Acer 5349 BIOS confusion. 

Windows 7-64 OEM

msinfo32 says:
BIOS Version/Date
INSYDE V1.08, 11/29/2011

Acer drivers and downloads list:
1.  BIOS Date: 2012/05/30 Version:1.08 Vendor:Acer Size:3.9 MB
2. Updates CPU micro code.   Date:2011/11/07 Version:1.06 Vendor:Acer Size:3.9 MB

Seems obvious #1 would be the choice, except for the DATE and Vendor.  I have no idea what #2 would be.  I made the mistake  of assuming #1 and executed it.  As you can see, close, but not a match.  I am still pretty sure it is what is installed though.  A lot of description info is frequently incorrect.  

Here is the big thing ... before doing #1, I would get a boot up option of F12 to select Boot Device, ... but now I don't.  All I get is an F2 option where, of course, I can set the boot device order, but F12 is more convenient.  No F12 now unless for some strange reason it begins to appear. A lot of things behave weird nowadays.  Seems to me to be some problem with Bios version or ?  I just can't make heads or tails from available info.

Any help/advice is appreciated in advance.

Answers

• Who provides the bios graphics engine is a company named insydeh20. However it is Acer who makes the modifications necessary for bios to work on their machines!
    To activate the f12 command, you must activate the f12 boot mode function in bios!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)