Good day everyone.
I've recently purchased a Helios Predator 300 laptop and experienced problems with touchpad since day 1 on WIndows 10.
It reacts on movements, but ignores clicks (taps), scrolls (two-finger swipes), etc. It is definitly a software issue because it works perfectly fine in Ubuntu where i have installed a proper synaptics driver.
What i've done so far:
1. Switched between touchpad modes in BIOS (advanced and basic)
2. Reinstalled Intel serial IO drivers
3. Removed devices from Device Manager and rebooted
4. Installed Synaptics drivers for touchpad v18.104.22.168 from Internet
5. Installed Synaptics drivers from my computer
What bothers me is that i have at least three entries in Device Manager that correnspond to my touchpad (device id = SYNA7DB5). One of them is in "Mouse and other pointing devices" and it has Synaptics driver. Other two are in HID devices. And they are "HID over I2C" which has some Microsoft driver of 2006 year origin and the other one is Synaptics HID Device which has Synaptics driver.
Removing device from "Mouse and other pointing devices" doesn't change anything! Removing "HID over I2C" disables touchpad until reboot.
I am stuck.
Will appreciate any help. Hope my english is alright.