Swift 3 -SF314-51 no audio throught HDMI

strltcstl
strltcstl Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I am not able to send the audio through HDMI cable, only the video. Pretty much happened overnight. I have tried updating and reinstalling all audio and Intel graphics drivers and also factory reseted the computer, neither helped. I've identified the problem as (probably) missing "Intel Display Audio" driver. There is no such driver in device manager. According to Intel's website that driver is included in the Intel HD Graphics driver, which is installed (tried reinstalling and updating) but I still don't have the audio driver. I've tried automatic troubleshooting, no problems identified.

Any ideas/help?

Thanks in advance, been googling this for days now and starting to lose it..:) 

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,735 Pathfinder
    @strltcstl
    Try the below step and check

Press Windows key + X.  Click on "Control Panel"

With the Control Panel in "Control Panel Home" view please click on "Hardware and Sound"
    Where it says "Sound" in green letters there are three options below that are in blue click on "Manage Audio Devices"
    This will bring up a window labeled "Sound"
    On the "Playback" tab there is listed the sound options available to you. One should read "Digital Output Device (HDMI)" Click on that.
    There should now be a check mark on that option, make HDMI sound output as default

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• strltcstl
    Jack22 said:
    @strltcstl
    Try the below step and check

Press Windows key + X.  Click on "Control Panel"

With the Control Panel in "Control Panel Home" view please click on "Hardware and Sound"
    Where it says "Sound" in green letters there are three options below that are in blue click on "Manage Audio Devices"
    This will bring up a window labeled "Sound"
    On the "Playback" tab there is listed the sound options available to you. One should read "Digital Output Device (HDMI)" Click on that.
    There should now be a check mark on that option, make HDMI sound output as default

I don't have the HDMI option in the playback devices, because as I've mentioned above there is some driver issue with routing the audio through HDMI. No option is available even if I display the disabled or disconnected devices in the 'playback' tab either.
  • strltcstl
    Anyone facing/faced something similar?
  • romaingutknecht
    romaingutknecht Member Posts: 1 New User
    Had the exact same problem since a while (HDMI displays on TV but sound comes from the laptop speaker. No TV/HDMI device available in Sound\Playback devices).
    I downloaded and installed (reinstalled for some) the following drivers while having the HDMI cable plugged in:
    - Intel AMT driver
    - Audio driver
    - Audio Console driver
    - Bluetooth driver
    - Chipset driver
    - NVIDIA VGA driver
    Now I see the TV as a playback device and can successfully get audio through it.
    (I believe the drivers that fixed the problem were both Audio and/or Chipset drivers)
  • dianx
    dianx Member Posts: 1 New User
    Had the exact same problem since a while (HDMI displays on TV but sound comes from the laptop speaker. No TV/HDMI device available in Sound\Playback devices).
    I downloaded and installed (reinstalled for some) the following drivers while having the HDMI cable plugged in:
    - Intel AMT driver
    - Audio driver
    - Audio Console driver
    - Bluetooth driver
    - Chipset driver
    - NVIDIA VGA driver
    Now I see the TV as a playback device and can successfully get audio through it.
    (I believe the drivers that fixed the problem were both Audio and/or Chipset drivers)
    have the exact problem, tried the above step but no luck. does installation sequence matter? installing audio console driver failed with error code 740.
    can you inform what driver version is working in the above solution? anybody have other suggestion?