1809 nitro-42 (amd)

Redfan
Redfan Member Posts: 65 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
when updating to 1809 Switchable dynamic graphics and amd graphics power settings disappear from the advanced power options, also installing 1803 from the Microsoft ISO deletes both options, what is not mentioned and Acer customer service was not able to help me with is that the driver gets rolled back to 17.4 and downloading the VGA driver and REINSTALLING it regardless of what AMD radeon setting says is the version  is(that one stays), is the ONLY way to recover switchable dynamic graphics and amd graphic power settings. 2 and a half weeks and acer custumer support has not been able to help me and so far their reply was to hold on the current version of windows. switchable dynamic graphics are needed to force the RX560X to be used over the vega 8 in almost all cases by default, which is needed for Windows mixed reality to work properly on this computer, which IS compatible with acer windows mixed reality headseats (AH100)

Since Acer was not able to help me with this issue I think its a good idea to post this to help other people that have had their switchable dynamic graphic settings on their power plans removed.