Acer Nitro 5 515-42 Battery Drain

B4ttleSky
B4ttleSky Member Posts: 136 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
i purchased this laptop 3 months back and recently i noticed battery draining too quickly on just a normal use...no heavy usage and it drains in 1 hour or so

Answers

• Redfan
    Redfan Member Posts: 65 Devotee WiFi Icon
    disable the GPU or make sure to have eco mode on if you will use the rx560x, which power plan are you using? that's not normal, on high performance and using the GPU I get 2 hours 40 minutes.
  • B4ttleSky
    B4ttleSky Member Posts: 136 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Redfan said:
    disable the GPU or make sure to have eco mode on if you will use the rx560x, which power plan are you using? that's not normal, on high performance and using the GPU I get 2 hours 40 minutes.
    Redfan said:
    how do i enable eco mode??

iam on high performance and normal usage like chrome
  • Redfan
    Redfan Member Posts: 65 Devotee WiFi Icon
    @B4ttleSky in the search bar type "power plan" click on edit power plan or on choose power setttings, it comes only with balanced and high performance, click on create new power plan and choose the default power saver, you can take it a step further by going into advanced settings and tinkering with it, also make sure the RX560X is on "eco" mode (catalyst control centre) that way it wont give it much power but im not sure if that's necessary since power saver will make it so you only use vega 8 graphics. without the rx560x it should be able to give you 4 hours of video playback or so