Even a group of volunteer website community leaders should have some clues how to set up a website!

JohnS1606
JohnS1606 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited April 23 in 2019 Archives
Once again... as I found it 6 or 7 years ago when I registered at this site... the value of this community website is dubious, at best.
IMO, spending one hour here leaves little doubt that Acer doesn't ever examine or review it.  Otherwise, surely someone in the Head Shed would suddenly realize what an embarrassing joke it is,and either shut it down or clean house!  IMO, what I am experiencing here is a disgrace to the Acer brand and Acer corporation and Acer corporate management.
  1. Search Engine:  it must be poorly designed, or the design was never finished.  E.g., it's very frustrating to search for ["Aspire 5532" AND keyboard], but the search returns with multiple non-"Aspire 5532" hits, and many which have nothing at all to do with the keyboard.
  2. Overall impression:  poorly organized; no one is managing/coordinating the site; Worse, it appears that no one at the site cares!
  3. I initially logged on tonight and requested that the email address for my account be updated.   Later, when i started searching for some keyboard troubleshooting information (never found any), I was prompted three times to enter either my serial number or my SNID, but each time the wizard/bot that runs the site said that it's not a valid number, and dropped the problem back in my lap to figure out what to do next.   -- but finally, I was allowed to request assistance.  That triggered a download of an app, which, after I ran it, returned the correct SN and SNID -- which were exactly the same two numbers I had been trying the site to accept to begin with????  Yes... I verified the numbers carefully.  When i then tried to enter, first one,then the other, the site announced that they were not valid numbers.   Do what???
  4. Site's navigation aids & user prompts:  Mediocre, or substandard
  5. There were more points that I cannot remember for the moment.

Is Acer so impoverished that it cannot afford to "aspire" to achieving world-class status for this website?  Or did I just happen to use it on the single bad day over the last dozens of days of excellent performance?

Right now, I'm disgusted.    :/