Format HDD and install Windows on SSD.

IreneGR
IreneGR Member Posts: 6 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello from my new Acer Aspire E5! I am so happy to own this product. I have already upgraded with an SSD. Well I am looking around for guides, on how to format my laptop (I have found the Windows Key) and make a new install of Windows on my SSD. I saw on YouTube that it was booting faster, and I want to try it. So please if you got any guides or help.. you are welcome! Thank you !

Answers

• I suggest you try cloning hd to ssd! To do this, use the Migrate feature of the minitool partition wizard or macrium reflect!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • IreneGR
    I suggest you try cloning hd to ssd! To do this, use the Migrate feature of the minitool partition wizard or macrium reflect!
    Hello thank you for your reply! Two friends told me that I might have future issues. Do you really keep up with this suggestion? I tried with EaseUS but it gets me an error, please check the screenshot here ---> https://prnt.sc/m8n9yu

Here you can check EaseUS and the disks shown ---> http://prntscr.com/m8nav5
    Disk Management screenshot ----> http://prntscr.com/m8nb80

I will download minitool partition and check it out.

• It is necessary to decrease the size of the hd partition to 120gb, as this is the size of ssd! Use macrium reflect!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • IreneGR
    I will come back tomorrow as its 12:47AM and I am about to fall asleep. Will post here. Thank you and goodnight :) 
  • IreneGR
    edited January 2019
    Hello there! How can I decrease the size? On disk management it's on 121975. Should I type 120000 ?
  • You should decrease the size of the hd partition to 120000mb and not increase the size of the ssd!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• I see that your ssd is with unoccupied space! Just click forward to allocate the space in ssd. Then decrease the size of the partition on hd!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• IreneGR
    Sorry your solution is not working. May be there is a hidden partition? I need to convert it to one disk, not let it keep BIOS files etc. while creating new simple label disk

Ir
  • IreneGR
    I found the reserved partition. Can you tell me how to delete it with diskpart? I want to make it one allocated disk.  

• It is necessary to decrease the size of the hd partition to 120gb, as this is the size of the ssd. Watch this video in Portuguese:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlNP2JPl0rw
    You do not need to understand Portuguese. Just follow the step by step!
    Then see this video about cloning hd to ssd with macrium reflect:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKTIwI-yeow

egydiocoelho Trailblazer