Aspire 5552 USB Drivers

djthetechguy
djthetechguy Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hi, does anyone know where I can download usb  or chipset drivers for a Aspire 5552?

I just refreshed my laptop with Windows 7 (I updated the bios as well) and installed all of the Acer drivers and Windows updates, but my external keyboard and mouse aren't registering.  They keep connecting and disconnecting, and I keep getting the message that the drivers didn't successfully install.

Both laptop and mouse work just find on my other laptops, including an additional 5552 that I own.  Also, I didn't have this problem with the previous installation of Win7.

I would really appreciate any suggestions on how to resolve this, especially if it involves driver downloads.

Thanks!

Comments

• OrganizedChaos
    OrganizedChaos Member Posts: 24 Networker
    edited January 2019
    Have you tried uninstalling the current drivers and trying again? Do that in Device Manager (right click on each and Uninstall Device). Be sure to start with the keyboard first because you'll obviously need the mouse. Once uninstalled, unplug/plug them back in and let them reinstall the drivers to see if they complete that time.
    You can also try downloading the proper drivers from the manufacturer's website for those two devices.
  • djthetechguy
    djthetechguy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks for your reply.  I just tried those suggestions and I'm still getting the same results.
    I keep thinking that if there are usb drivers out there, that might solve the issue.  Unfortunately there aren't any on Acer's website.
  • OrganizedChaos
    OrganizedChaos Member Posts: 24 Networker
    Did you try looking at the manufacturer's website for your keyboard and mouse to see if they offer their own drivers?
    What are the brands/models of your keyboard and mouse?