Technical info on Laptop Acer Aspire 7 A715-72G-75QE (NH.GXBEX.013

ivokisselov
ivokisselov Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hello,

Please point me to where can I find

detailed tech. specs and information on Acer laptop

Acer Aspire 7 A715-72G-75QE (NH.GXBEX.013) ?

I can not find it anywhere in US and out, Acer websites do not recognize it and  European support of UK say they do not know...
Thank you in advance
ivokisselov

Comments

• ivokisselov

Tinkerer

To - JackE

Hello,

Thank you for replying. The link is to info  from an e-trade site  in Sofia, Bulgaria (not from Acer),  it's quite short and approximate  (think - go marry someone,  based on info like: "named Margaritta, she's a nice girl, not too heavy, about 30 years old." Would you?),  and there are mistakes, even in the very few infos (sure weight is not 3.04Kg, and mAh rating of the battery is most probably not 3220mAh as mentioned).

If you have an idea where can I find  the actual full technical specs (on What exactly is inside  that particular Acer Aspire model),  and detailed info on that,  that would be wonderful.  Otherwise one  is expected to buy  a "gipsy's cat in a closed bag"...

Thank you for trying to help.
    ivokisselov

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Here is the full datasheet of the product you requested:
    https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2018/4876/A715-72G/NH.GXBEX.013.html

If you are looking to know what brand is the HDD, display panel, RAM, etc., there is no way for us to find this out. It will be better to contact Acer directly if you are looking for this information.

In the datasheet the RAM frequency is not shown, but it is 2666MHz.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Just google the part no "NH.GXBEX.013" to see if there are any other sites with specs and reviews you might trust more. The problem is that  specs are often different or change for different regions. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ivokisselov

Tinkerer

Acer dis-"Information policy"
    (Fair product, if you are lucky,  but no information  or actual support.)

Fan boys - do not read,  Acer representatives and customers - DO read.

================================================================================

Hello  JackE and ven98,
    Thank you for replying and the tips.
    Well, I am trying to gather information on this particular model Aspire 7 A715-72G-75QE for a month now, both in Internet and by some 20 or so direct contacts with various countries and levels Acer employees. The official results are about zero.
    Of course this should be  a pack of exhaustive quality information   directly accessible in one-place online. - That what the website is really about.  Not:  what an Incredibly Stunning Great, Great, Great brand Acer is (even if it was).

No doubt  somewhere Acer technicians do have technical specifications of what components are in concrete models (they themselves would also need it for work sometimes)  but finding and getting access to them  from outside  is virtually impossible  for the normal (prospective) customer.
    One representative even told me  the specs of a particular model  are somewhat ! "confidential"  ?!?! ...

So I hoped someone here at the Acer forum  has already found some solutions to this neglegant/intended absurd "information blackout".
    So far I was proven wrong.

In respect to the link to
    www.acer.com/datasheets/2018/4876/A715-72G/NH.GXBEX.013.html
    If you read that thing  you'll see it's just  a quickly concocted superficial  Marketing "Sales points list".  It's brand-hypish, patheticaly inadequate and patchy,  not speaking of obvious errors like "Memory Card Reader : No" - in reality the "75QE" model does have an SD card reader (though a poor half-insert one).

Just for example: "Maximum Power Supply Wattage : 135 W" parlance  is weirdly termed and un-informative at best. (Can only bring vague suspicions that for i7-7850H + GTX 1050 + mechanical HDD  the notebook is somewhat underpowered (undercooled?)  and one may find electrical throttling, or expect manufacturer CPU limiting trickery.

A real DATA sheet specification is SPECIFIC (also acurate and complete).  And would read like: External AC/DC Power adapter ADP-135KB 100-240V AC 50-60Hz 135W max. 19V DC 7.1A with standard 5.5x1mm power jack.  If "FULL" DATAsheet would at least also mention the PF, stand-by consumption, dimensions, weight, max. temperature etc. Such is the INFORMATION one could base further considering on.

That is the fundamental difference between  Sales shallow bla-blary  and  actual Technical Information.  -  The first aims to quick&dirty trick you into paying,  the second aims to help you correctly understand and handle the machine, iron-out problems, manage performance/battery/life, choose software, troubleshoot, consider upgrades etc.
    Side effect is 70-90+% less useless load  on customer support  and very positive client results.
    Of course IF it's a technology PRODUCT-ION company,  not another conmen band of bonuses-thirsty "CR and Experience Managers" sloppily push-selling "gipsy's cat in a closed bag".

So  "Acer" and "information"  do not  belong in  one and the same  sentence.
    Same with  "service".  An important lesson to remember.

However if someone has an idea where can I find  actual full technical specs, the components  and detailed info  on that particular Acer Aspire model, please point me to the links.

Thank you JackE and ven98 for trying to help.
    ivokisselov

================================================================================

If some sane Acer representative is reading this

Hello,  Please tell -
    Where can I find  the  actual  FULL specification  DATAsheet
    with the  tech. detailes  of included components,  idealy the Tecchnical description  information and specs  of what exactly is inside
      the CONCRETE notebook model "75QE" (SNID: 81207530134)
    Acer Aspire 7 A715-72G-75QE (of NH.GXBEX.013 family),
      but  not  the marketing "Some quick sales points short-list" at
      www.acer.com/datasheets/2018/4876/A715-72G/NH.GXBEX.013.html
    Thank you for your time and effort  to read  and answer  adequately.
    Ivo Kisselov - ivo.kisselov@gmail.com

Happy Ney Year and  Good Luck to all Acer customers.
    IK

• JackE
    Good luck. Perhaps more in-depth technical descriptions you seek are more readily available from other major consumer product (NOT commercial or industrial) manufacturers/component assemblers. But I seriously doubt it. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• ivokisselov

Tinkerer

To  JackE

Well,
    As I spent quite some time and effort on the matter lately,  sure I could cite  example links with  product information of notebooks  done differently.  (Sometimes not better.)  Just to help overcome the doubts.
    But that would deviate the topic into  discussing brands,  which is really childish, baseless and unproductive  for many and serious reasons.  And would not help in finding the lacking info.

What I need to know is  what exactly is there in laptop model 75QE.  Simply put:  what are we to buy,  would it do the work.
    This is not an irrelevant or embarrasing question, is it?

However.  Thank you JackE for helping newcommers like me.
    Best regards

• JackE
    >>>What I need to know is  what exactly is there in laptop model 75QE.  Simply put:  what are we to buy,  would it do the work.>>>

Well, here's what I would do. I'd buy the 75QE from a vendor with a good 15-30day RMA refund or exchange policy. Then see for myself if it'll do the work before the RMA period expires. If it does, I keep it. If not, I return it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ivokisselov

Tinkerer

To  JackE

Yes, it is possible.  But just imagine it happening so  for many of the 40+ potentially suitable models...  in the coming months to years... ,  also among the newcomming models too...
    Purchase -> Thoroughly test -> Return, Purchase-Test-Return  if vendor decides to act kind enough (our EU law is totally on his side, nothing personal - their lobbyists wrote and voted it).
    Why should any company  bother publishing specs at all?   Acer is right -  tech info is un-needed indeed !  Why do I waste time  researching and reading it.  Just repeat  Buy-Test-Return (if lucky enough, unoccupied enough, rich enough).

Yes, in theory you are right.  And it's even a solution in some cases, that I consider.

But I'm wasting your time  and the conversation  went away from the question,  which is  really  very simple  and very clear.

Thank you.

• CraigHB
    CraigHB Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter
    edited January 2019
    I have A717-72G and before I bought it I wanted as many specs as I could get.  All I could get were the basics.  Though it was enough to make the decision to buy one (really happy with it).  Having it in my hands I use HWiNFO (https://www.hwinfo.com) to get all the nuts and bolts details.

The only complaint I have with it hardware wise is it came with a SATA M.2 drive when it can actually support an NVMe 3.0x4 drive.  Then you have to split the case to change it.  I did change mine out, warranty or not, and now I'm getting those blazing fast NVMe speeds, benchmarks look good with Crystal Disk.  It baffles me why Acer would throttle the drive like that when there's not a big difference in cost there.  Also why they don't provide an access panel for it.