Acer aspire e1 531g having blank screen

MangKanor
MangKanor Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
My acer aspire e1 531g is getting a blank screen after the acer welcome screen, i have tried the push buttons as said on the other post, but nothing happens. I also connect it to external monitor and also failed. I think its the graphics card, can i replace it? Please help... thanks in advance.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer
    If you get ACER splash screen the graphic card is probably OK. Press and hold the power button till the machine completely shuts off. Then turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear as in the video below. Try to refresh the machine while saving your personal files. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ

• MangKanor

Tinkerer

Thanks bro, ill try to do this later, im about to sleep now, ill let you know right away if it works, tnx!
  • MangKanor

Tinkerer

Hi JackE, it didnt work. The screen is still the same, i think this laptop was reformat before and then reinstalled, so maybe the recovery wont work, i will try to reinstall it again. Ill see if it will work, thanks!
  • MangKanor

Tinkerer

Cant reinstall it, still blank screen after the acer splash screen, cant get into bios or anything after the splash... should i stop now?
  • JackE
    You must start tapping the F2 key IMMEDIATELY even BEFORE the splash screen to enter the BIOS menu. Make sure D2D and F12 options are enabled in the BIOS Main tab. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MangKanor

Tinkerer

Hi JackE, i fixed it, at first the bios screen wont show up. What i did was dismattled the laptop, clean the inside, put it back together and made sure evry cable inside was properly connected. Then i tried to enter the bios once again and it showed up! And i knew that was the start. The unit wasnt able to boot ut to windows but now it is not just a blank screen, so i reinstalled the OS. Now its running fine, but unable to save the data since i installed win7 and originally it was win8.1. 
    Thanks for giving me hope that its not the graphics card 😁 
  • JackE
    MangKanor

Congratulations on your success!!! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ