Battery mulfunction

Hannes94
Hannes94 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
My laptop battery is stuck on 88% and it turns off when i unplug it... How do i fix this..thank you

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,328 Pathfinder
    Hannes94 
    What is the full model number of your laptop?
    Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue. Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device. The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop

if the issue persists, Open device manager click “Battery” and under Battery, please click “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery”. Now, do a right click on it, then click “Uninstall”. Confirm that you would like to uninstall the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery. After the uninstallation process, please restart your computer. As soon as you restart your computer, the Windows will automatically install the driver again. Please check your battery icon on the right bottom side of your Windows screen to see if it is charging.
    Also, check all the screws of the bottom case are secured correctly.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!