Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G 55KY not working when windows 7 is installed

Darkstar_Prime
Darkstar_Prime Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I recently tried to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit on my Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G 55KY, but it installs and goes towards first boot... But then it just Stays at the Starting windows Logo (the Logo is actually moving and does not freeze...) and does nothing... The Cpu fan runs like crazy during this time and it ran through my battery within an hour or so... I kept it just just like that (stuck at the boot logo) for 5 hours till I gave up... Is there any solution for this? Or should I just revert to windows 10 (I seriously don't want windows 10 as it's very slow on 4gb ram) 

Answers

• You should download an iso only with ultimate version. This version should be 64bit and sp1 installed.
    The pendrive should be converted to gpt and formatted in fat32. Then create a password in setsupervisorpassword, disable the secureboot and put the bootmode in uefi!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Darkstar_Prime

Tinkerer

The Iso I had has all versions from home basic to ultimate (only 64 bit), I can't use it? 
  • Not! You should use an iso that has only a single version and is x64 and sp1 included!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Darkstar_Prime

Tinkerer

Okay!.... Thank you for that suggestion.. I'll look up for an Iso and install and report on it later
  • Darkstar_Prime

Tinkerer

But how exactly does an All in one Iso cause this problem? 
  • Watch this video in Portuguese:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcjnl_9M68c

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Darkstar_Prime

Tinkerer

Watch this video in Portuguese:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcjnl_9M68c
    This Gives me BCD error.. And I tried an ultimate only Iso... It doesn't work... Still stuck at boot logo.. If there is any particular working Iso you could point me to.... It would be helpful 
  • Is this iso SP1? Is it a 64bit version?
    Does this model allow you to change bootmode to legacy in bios? If yes, convert the pendrive to mbr and format it in fat32 and then copy the iso of windows 7!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Darkstar_Prime

Tinkerer

Is this iso SP1? Is it a 64bit version?
    Does this model allow you to change bootmode to legacy in bios? If yes, convert the pendrive to mbr and format it in fat32 and then copy the iso of windows 7!
    Yes it is in sp1 64bit... And my uefi has the setting to use legacy.. I'll try this out and report