Acer Aspire ES15 532G - BIOS failure after switching from UEFI to Legacy - black screen and beeping

merzzer
merzzer Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
After switching from UEFI to Legacy there's nothing but a black screen and beeping function keys. There's no Acer logo as well.
I tried to find CLRP1 jumper on my motherboard to reset BIOS, but I can't. Also BIOS CMOS battery can't be removed.
Can anyone help me to reset BIOS?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,842 Trailblazer
    Press and hold the power button for 5-10 seconds or till the machine completely shuts off. Then turn it back on again and ***immediately*** start tapping the F2 key. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited January 2019
    If you temporarily remove your hard drive, you should be able to regain access to the BIOS.  After you regain access to the BIOS, you can load the BIOS defaults (F9) and then save/exit (F10).   Now you can re-install HDD, and everything should be back to normal.

In the video below, it shows you how to remove your HDD.  (you don't have to remove the bracket).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwNggqN49Ms

If you are trying to boot a legacy MBR drive, don't forget to enable the F12 boot menu so you can boot the legacy drive if that's what you want to do.
    I'm not an Acer employee.