Can acer predator g1 710 support the 330w power adapter ?

Jewjesus
Jewjesus Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
I have 2 question here:

1.   Is the predator g1 710 cpu and gpu sharing the 460w (230w+230w) power supply together, or separate ?

2.   Can the predator g1 710 support 560w (230w+330w) or can up to 660w(330w+330w) power supply ?  (330w for gx 792 on ebay)

Because I wonder what is the upper limit for this desktop, enough for i7 7700+ 2080ti?

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    I think 330W should work, but bear in mind that the voltage should be the same as the defult charger.

460W theoretically should be enough. 250W from the GPU, around 100W from the CPU and around 100W from other components(HDD, SSD, motherboard). That is just the right amount you need, but I wouldn't recommend it, as it will push the AC adapters to their limits. 

Unfortunately, I don't know how the power is distributed throughout the system, whether the adapters are split between the GPU and the rest of the system or if the power is combined and then distributed to the components(I think this is more likely).

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Jewjesus
    Jewjesus Member Posts: 3 New User
    ven98 said:
    I think 330W should work, but bear in mind that the voltage should be the same as the defult charger.

460W theoretically should be enough. 250W from the GPU, around 100W from the CPU and around 100W from other components(HDD, SSD, motherboard). That is just the right amount you need, but I wouldn't recommend it, as it will push the AC adapters to their limits. 

Unfortunately, I don't know how the power is distributed throughout the system, whether the adapters are split between the GPU and the rest of the system or if the power is combined and then distributed to the components(I think this is more likely).

I will try to know how the power distributed first. I am going to pull out the gpu, and plug in only one adapter in both power ports. If no matter which one I plug in, the pc can be turned on, so the power is shared. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    It looks like, from the motherboard layout, that the two power input jack are just connected together. You could use a meter to verify, there should be essentially no resistance between the center posts on each when everything is disconnected from the motherboard.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Grandcross
    Grandcross Member Posts: 1 New User
    Has anybody tried to use a pair of 330w PSUs?