Hi I'm new. Is there a way to update with out buying a new hard drive? Aspire One Cloudbook 14" AO1-

JessieO
JessieO Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Some one please help me to love this laptop, because I hate it. I previously owned an Acer before and never had an issue until I bought a new one.  I'm having issues with storage and the new update. I talked with Microsoft and was only able to free up 3g and I need 5. They said the only way to get all my issues fixed is to get a new hard drive. When I first bought this, aprox. 1yr ago, I've had tons of pop-ups and no storage. I'm really starting to regret buying this laptop. Help! 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name of your laptop, like Ex-xxx and the hard drive details, size and model.
  • JessieO
    edited January 2019
    I have the "Aspire One Cloudbook 14" AO1-431-C8G8   Intel Celeron Processor N3050, eMMC 32GB, 2GB DDR3 L Memory
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Type Disk cleanup at start, right click and select "Run as Admin", delete unnecessary items, then click More options tab, clean up System restore and shadow copies.

• JessieO
    Hi,
    Type Disk cleanup at start, right click and select "Run as Admin", delete unnecessary items, then click More options tab, clean up System restore and shadow copies.

Okay, so i just did this and it didn't work. I have deleted all that I could. Most of the things in my storage is what it came with. Microsoft tech guy told me that I need to contact the manufacturer and get a new hard drive. Which I'm not sure how that's going to work. Acer tech guy told me that it will be a $99.99 charge just for him to remotely access my laptop.    
  • JessieO
    This is what I've been doing and doesn't work. At all.  I have attempted, several of times, to go in manually to free up storage. The "items'' or ''things'' that are taking up most of my storage is what my computer came with. It is all factory files, which I have no clue if it is necessary to have.