Acer Aspire 9810 ... has anybody been able to upgrade from 2GB to 4GB RAM?

2»

Answers

• The service manual states this, see:

See the contradiction.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dubjedi
    Dubjedi Member Posts: 37 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    I do indeed. I couldn’t get it working with 3GB either. It’s limit is 2GB. Time to move on ... good luck 
  • marbrodyster
    marbrodyster Member Posts: 8 New User
    hello dubjedi sorry if I intrude but I have the same PC and I can not absolutely install WIN 10. I tried in every way but nothing to do, maybe because my cpu does not support NX. Currently I have installed win 7 with 4 Gb of RAM. I would be really grateful if you could help me. Thanks

• Dubjedi
    Hi, I’d love to know how you got to upgrade to 4gb RAM as I’ve tried with no success and still on 2GB. Maybe you could tell me the name of the memory modules you have.

I’ve been only able to install Windows 10 as far as 1803 version. I get a blue screen on the upgrade to  any later version, including the latest 2004 which I tried a few days ago. I believe the display driver is not supported in the later versions and causing it to crash. I have posted a question on that in this forum. Unfortunately 1803 is no longer supported.

One thing I know which does prevent Win 10 upgrades is if you have 3rd party antivirus software installed, like Avast etc. You could try deleting all 3rd party antivirus software, rebooting, and attempting an upgrade.

I only use my PC for a couple of things and will limp along on 1803 and 2GB, but obviously would love to get to 2004 on 4gb because it’s still a great desktop replacement.

Hope that helps.
  • marbrodyster
    hello dubjediI will let you know which brand and type of RAM I have installed on my 9810 which, among other things, I have never had ram problems. Do you have the same type of module on both slots?Scrivi il tuo commento
  • marbrodyster
    I think it's very likely that it is a driver error. It is often the video card, or will you also have the TV card installed ??
  • Dubjedi
    Yeah have the same modules, and only video card, not tv card.. thanks
  • marbrodyster
    your cpu and OS ar 32 or 64 bit ?
  • marbrodyster
    Up to 2 GB of DDR2 667 MHz memory, upgradeable to4 GB using two soDIMM modules (dual-channel support)
  • Dubjedi
    It’s 32 bit
  • Dubjedi
    Can you tell me which brand and type of memory modules you have? Thanks.
  • He should check with the cpuz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • marbrodyster
    Kingston

• Dubjedi
    Thanks marbrodyster. Hope you have luck with Windows 10 but as I said earlier, you may not be able to get passed ver 1803 as I couldn’t.
  • marbrodyster
    Hi Dubjedi I might know which CPU you are using and BIOS version?
  • Dubjedi
  • marbrodyster
    Hi doubjedi
    it is very likely that my problem is the BIOS version 1.21. Where could you find your version 2.04?
    could you send me a link where i can download it?
    Thanks
  • Dubjedi
    I’ve no idea, that’s the version that came with mine, I never updated the BIOS.

• You must click on "all".

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• dMajo
    dMajo Member Posts: 1 New User

I'vealso had troubles over 2GB when running on WindowsXP.

Now I run on Windows 7-64 Ultimate with 4GB (usable 3GB)

I'bought a Crucial 2 channel kit choosen from their selector.

I installed W7 from the USBkey into 500GB SSD (drive1) and after setup the system added the 2nd bank of memory (just because due to perevious issues I forgot to add prior to W7 installation). I dont know if the sequence matters.