Over Heating problem (Please HELP) Helios 300 PH315-51

Options
DjCake03
DjCake03 Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I recently purchased a Predator Helios 300 PH315-51 laptop about 3 Weeks ago. When I play I will get unusual frame drops from most of my games. They tend to run incredibly well for the most part, but then out of know where the drop for 10-20 sec. I have posted many posted and some help but still it’s the same as it was before I tried the fix. I don’t what I should do but I hope some one can help me.
The temperatures been going through the roof. I get 129-134 on idle and while playing games like fortnite i get over 200 f and i start to lose frames.
I Under undervolted the cpu
Uninstalled  Norton

Specs:
Intel 6-Core i7-8750H
Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
16GB DDR4 RAM
256GB SSD

Best Answers

Answers

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Try this.
    Google "Throttlestop" and download it and place it's folder in "My Documents".
    Then download this *before* you open the Throttlestop.exe and place it into your Throttlestop folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ga7emd9esymqejt/ThrottleStop.ini?dl=0

It is a config file for undervolting and SSEPP on the i7-8750H created by me.

Let me know how it works for you.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Then follow this video

https://youtu.be/XTPMwQKlfPE
    - Hotel Hero
  • DjCake03
    Options
    Red-Sand said:
    Try this.
    Then download this *before* you open the Throttlestop.exe and place it into your Throttlestop folder.

Ok Thankyou I will try this when I get home.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    DjCake03 said:
    Hi, I recently purchased a Predator Helios 300 PH315-51 laptop about 3 Weeks ago. When I play I will get unusual frame drops from most of my games. They tend to run incredibly well for the most part, but then out of know where the drop for 10-20 sec. I have posted many posted and some help but still it’s the same as it was before I tried the fix. I don’t what I should do but I hope some one can help me.
    The temperatures been going through the roof. I get 129-134 on idle and while playing games like fortnite i get over 200 f and i start to lose frames.
    I Under undervolted the cpu
    Uninstalled  Norton

Specs:
    Intel 6-Core i7-8750H
    Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    256GB SSD
    you could also try following the links in my signature.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • DjCake03
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Red-Sand said:
    Try this.

Yes, It worked but when i load into fortnite i only has 40fps i thinking its trying to use intel gpu?
    Edit: Spelling
  • OrganizedChaos
    OrganizedChaos Member Posts: 24 Networker
    Options
    DjCake03 said:
      Yes, It worked but when i load into fortnite i only has 40fps i thinking its trying to use intel gpu?
    If you think that's the case, open your NVIDIA Settings (from your Taskbar), go to Manage 3D settings, then the Program Settings tab. Use the drop-down menu to scroll through the list of programs to make sure your games are running off of your NVIDIA card by default. You can add programs/games to that list. If you click Add, it'll bring up a list of recently used programs, or you can search for a particular executable file to add a new one.
  • DjCake03
    Options
    DjCake03 said:
    If you think that's the case, open your NVIDIA Settings (from your Taskbar), go to Manage 3D settings, then the Program Settings tab. Use the drop-down menu to scroll through the list of programs to make sure your games are running off of your NVIDIA card by default. You can add programs/games to that list. If you click Add, it'll bring up a list of recently used programs, or you can search for a particular executable file to add a new one.
    i fixed i missed one step in @HotelHero video and it capped my fames at 40
  • DjCake03
    Options
    When I play Fortnite I will get nice 60 frames (it’s limited to that in setting) then when I glide it will go to 3 frames
  • DjCake03
    Options
    I am thinking it’s bracusebof GeForce experince