Display brightness. Any way to increase?

C3lv1c3
C3lv1c3 Member Posts: 48 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,
I have the nitro an515-42, I'm statisfied.
The only thing I don't like the display is so bright (compared to my other laptops), even if I set it max it is still abit dark.
Is there any way to increase the Display Brightness/Background light?
Thx for any help.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,842 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    This model also was equipped with a TN vs IPS screen. The TN screen is thinner & faster than an IPS screen but loses more brightness if viewed at an angle. If you indeed have a TN display, its brightness can be significantly increased by simply adjusting the lid so that the screen plane is at a more normal viewing angle to your eyes. If you're still not happy with the brightness, you might want to consider exchanging it for a model with an IPS screen if this is a recent purchase. The price will probably be higher for an IPS screen. Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    edited January 2019
    What happens when you press and hold the FNkey while tapping the R-ARROWkey? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• C3lv1c3
    C3lv1c3 Member Posts: 48 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    JackE said:
    What happens when you press and hold the FNkey while tapping the R-ARROWkey? Jack E/NJ
    Already on max.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    This model also was equipped with a TN vs IPS screen. The TN screen is thinner & faster than an IPS screen but loses more brightness if viewed at an angle. If you indeed have a TN display, its brightness can be significantly increased by simply adjusting the lid so that the screen plane is at a more normal viewing angle to your eyes. If you're still not happy with the brightness, you might want to consider exchanging it for a model with an IPS screen if this is a recent purchase. The price will probably be higher for an IPS screen. Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ