Geforce experience caps fps of the display?

Metus
Metus Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I got a helios 300 (2018) recently. It supposed to have a 144hz display (which i'm sure it does) but geforce experience shows that it is only 60hz. I have spent half a day searching for a solution but I didn't. I would apprecite a few suggestionts on what could  be the problem very much

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Disable the battery saving feature of Geforce experience.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Metus
    Metus Member Posts: 2 New User
    Unfortunately, it didn't help. It shows 60hz still
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Do you mean that the display is running at 60Hz instead of 144Hz or that just the ingame fps is limited to 60, although the screen is 144Hz?

Go to windows settings>display>advanced display settings>display adaptor properties for display 1>monitor and from the drop down menu select 144Hz.

If that doesn't work download HWiNFO. With this you can find the model number of the screen. Report it back here.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    GeForce doesn't show correct information most of the time.. for example it shows my 1060 as having 4gb memory but it's actually 6gb.

Try checking in your display adapter properties on Intel. Could be false information due to the Optimus config 
    - Hotel Hero