Chromebook fanless

HajHajsen
HajHajsen Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi!
Are alle acer chromebooks fanless?
How do I check a certain model that it does not have a fan before I by it? I cannot find the information when I look at specs. 
Brgds
Peter Hajsen

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    No, they are not all fanless, but many of the newer models are. Looking at the processor type can sometimes give a hint. Give me a model number or two and I can sometimes find it in the specs.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • HajHajsen
    HajHajsen Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    No, they are not all fanless, but many of the newer models are. Looking at the processor type can sometimes give a hint. Give me a model number or two and I can sometimes find it in the specs.
    Hi. Thanks for your reply.  Im looking at different ones- but Im actually not sure if fanless is the way to go or not? I only used my old laptop lenovo g550 (from 2010) for browsing and a bit of excel, word. Never gaming. The reason i ask is because the old laptop became very noisy and would like to avoid this with a chromebook. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    Yeah, fan noise is something it's hard to avoid on designs with fans. They inevitably get some dust built up on the blades and that creates noise. Cleaning them with vacuum and compressed air helps a bunch, but still as the age you're going to hear it. Fanless on the other hand can have it's own issues, often the computer can get a bunch hotter than expected as they age. It's a trade off, hot vs. noisy.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited January 2019
    if you know the model your interested in, there's bound to be pics from all angles/sides somewhere on the web and a lack of an exhaust grill combined with a full metal shell (passive heat sink) is a dead giveaway.