ACER ASpire desktop

kathy709
kathy709 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Can I use an HP P1005 Laser Jet Printer with an ACER Aspire desktop AXC-605-EB11

Best Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,002 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @kathy709
    Yes, you can connect it

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Jack22
    Answer ✓
    @kathy709
    The cable that connects to the printer to the computer should be coming along with the printer. So if you dont have that cable than you can check with the printer manufacture or you can buy the cable in the store as well

Answers

• Jack22
    Answer ✓
    @kathy709
    Yes, you can connect it

• kathy709
    Hi Jack22. I'm missing the cord with the phone jack on one end. Can that be purchased?

• Jack22
    @kathy709
    Is the phone jack used to connect the printer to the computer?
  • kathy709
    The only phone jack I can see on the ACER has the cord to the wireless internet box.  
  • Jack22
    Answer ✓
    @kathy709
    The cable that connects to the printer to the computer should be coming along with the printer. So if you dont have that cable than you can check with the printer manufacture or you can buy the cable in the store as well

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    From what I see, the HP LaserJet P1005 Printer has a USB port used to connect to your computer. There shouldn't be a 'phone port' (likely an eight pin Ethernet plug, not the four or six pin used for phones). The USB port on the printer should be a squarish connect with angles on the top two corners. Something that looks like this:
    You should have a cable with that type of connector at one end and the flat USB connector at the other. Once it's connected to your computer you should be able to install the drivers (if they aren't installed automatically) and be able to print.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.