Acer Aspire ES1-512 - audio won't work on Windows 10?

RallyDarkstrike
RallyDarkstrike Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hey all - having an issue getting audio to work on Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire ES1-512. This is a fresh install of Win10 Home 64-bit. Fresh as in all I have done is install Windows and then start installing drivers. The auto-installed "High Definition Audio" drivers from Windows do not work. The device is listed correctly in the Device Manager and claims it is working correctly, but the audio icon near the click is the speaker with the red 'X' on it and clicking that brings up the troubleshooter telling me there are no speakers or headphones plugged in...this is a laptop, there are speakers built into it. Installing the drivers from Realtek's or Acer's websites does nothing as upon the asked-for reboot when those installs are complete, Windows just loads the Windows-selected driver again.

There are no Playback or Recording devices listed other than HDMI under playback. I have tried wiping the drivers and reinstalling them over and over again, to no avail. Does ANYBODY have any idea how to get audio working on this laptop again?

I should mention the previous install of Windows was doing this very thing, hence why I did a fresh install, so it can't be this install of Windows being corrupt as the previous install was doing the same.

Any help would be appreciated...

Comments