My Predator G3-572 has some Major issues and need advice.

OEvans
OEvans Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Here are the issues that I'm having with my Laptop:

1/The D: drive (1TB HDD) will randomly stop showing up on windows when it hasn't been used for a period of time. (This could be around 1hr of inactivity) It does not appear again unless I restart the computer.

2/When I restart the computer I get a Black screen on boot up. The predator logo fails to initialise and start the booting process. 
The problem with this is, I've found the solution to this issue and its definitely bad.

There seems to be 2 ways to get the laptop to boot;

At anytime while the screen is black, if I tip the laptop up slightly and let it fall back and slightly hit the table. The booting process starts.
Sometimes this doesn't work and the other way to start it is by pressing a little firmly on the right side of the surface of the laptop (Next to the touch bad/ Under the keys, where the Info sticker is placed)

Doing either of these starts the booting process, at anytime while this black screen is on.
Everything works normal after this, doing either of these 2 actions while windows is on, does nothing. It doesn't blue-screen windows or make it freeze in anyway.

3/ I am getting blue-screens once I open my laptop after the lid was closed, also the bluescreen doesn't record the data it's completely frozen at 0% .

My main issue is, I need this computer to do my work. I can't have it shipped off to be replaced and wait 3-4 weeks. I need it for work. If it stopped working i'd literally need to go purchase another computer. Any Advice or help would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Owen

Answers

• OEvans
    OEvans Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

D: = D drive* 
  • HK1994
    HK1994 Member Posts: 43 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Sounds like a damaged motherboard or HDD/SSD.
  • V4RM4
    V4RM4 Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    OEvans said:
    Here are the issues that I'm having with my Laptop:

1/The D: drive (1TB HDD) will randomly stop showing up on windows when it hasn't been used for a period of time. (This could be around 1hr of inactivity) It does not appear again unless I restart the computer.

2/When I restart the computer I get a Black screen on boot up. The predator logo fails to initialise and start the booting process. 
    The problem with this is, I've found the solution to this issue and its definitely bad.

There seems to be 2 ways to get the laptop to boot;

At anytime while the screen is black, if I tip the laptop up slightly and let it fall back and slightly hit the table. The booting process starts.
    Sometimes this doesn't work and the other way to start it is by pressing a little firmly on the right side of the surface of the laptop (Next to the touch bad/ Under the keys, where the Info sticker is placed)

Doing either of these starts the booting process, at anytime while this black screen is on.
    Everything works normal after this, doing either of these 2 actions while windows is on, does nothing. It doesn't blue-screen windows or make it freeze in anyway.

3/ I am getting blue-screens once I open my laptop after the lid was closed, also the bluescreen doesn't record the data it's completely frozen at 0% .

My main issue is, I need this computer to do my work. I can't have it shipped off to be replaced and wait 3-4 weeks. I need it for work. If it stopped working i'd literally need to go purchase another computer. Any Advice or help would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Owen

So sorry to hear that bro. I don't know how handy you are with electronics but, here are some of the things that you can try, avoid some if still in warranty(**).

1. If BIOS is the latest version, rollback it to the version that came with the purchase. Else if it is an old version, try updating it to the latest version. (Download from Acer's website).
    2. **Open the bottom panel/cover to expose your HDD and RAM, and simply remove and refix them back securely.
    3. Remove/Backup everything on your HDD and format it before giving it another fresh install of Windows.
    4. **Remove the bottom completely exposing the motherboard and check if there is any visible damage to any components on the motherboard. Dust it gently if required, and check if the fan cable is connected properly. Remove & refix. 
    5. **Remove the BIOS battery and insert a newer one. Continue with the old one if it check to be sufficient, using a multimeter.
    6. **Replace the battery and/or trying booting the laptop with just the adapter and battery removed.

That's all I can think of now. If none of them seems to suffice, you might have to take it to a service center. 

Note: Do any/all the above steps with caution. Check online or ask if you are not sure how to proceed with something. I am not responsible if you blow up your home.

Good Luck!  :)

If my comment has helped you, remember to hit "Yes" on whether this answered your question. Help a fellow user out!

Helios 500 <3 , CS Major , IT Pro, but most importantly human being.  :3
    “The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something."
    V.4.R.M.4.
    p.s: sUbScRiBe To pEwDiEpiE  :p 
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,253 Pathfinder
    edited January 2019
    I would send it to you nearest acer repair center to get checked contact acer support in order to know more about it but make sure you backup all the important stuff you have before sending it because they will delete/format everything every time

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/