I have tried everything that I see on the internet, still it says "Disk usage 100%" - Nitro 5 -

LaughterS
LaughterS Member Posts: 9 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
As above mentioned. This kept on happening, I only have Lightroom CC and Chrome opened.

Nitro 5 - AN515-52 - i5 8th gen, 4gb RAM, 1TB HDD

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    You have a lot of tasks running in the background. Does the same thing happen when malware service executable isn't running?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Please check if this video in Portuguese helps you:
    The tips start from the sixth minute and you do not need to understand Portuguese, because the presenter shows you step by step!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LaughterS
    that doesn't help at all..
  • LaughterS
    ven98 said:
    You have a lot of tasks running in the background. Does the same thing happen when malware service executable isn't running?
    how do I stop it? thanks!
  • Watch this video in English:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dXvtTkqavs
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LaughterS
    Watch this video in English:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dXvtTkqavs
    done everything, still the same..
  • ven98
    I don't why, but the OEM version of windows that comes with the laptop stresses the HDD quite a lot. 

Try installing a clear version of windows. Go to this website and download the ISO version of windows you want to install. After the windows is download follow the steps from the link below.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/542349/my-aspire-v5-431-is-not-going-beyond-acer-logo-after-starting-it#latest
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• vkk
    vkk Member Posts: 82 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Going by your system specs . 
    1) You have very low RAM . 4GB  @ 98% usage will constantly trash your HDD on Windows . Increase your RAM to 8 GB atleast or 16 GB ideally  Or move to a light weight Linux distro
    2) Add a SSD .

• ven98
    vkk said:
    Going by your system specs . 
    1) You have very low RAM . 4GB  @ 98% usage will constantly trash your HDD on Windows . Increase your RAM to 8 GB atleast or 16 GB ideally  Or move to a light weight Linux distro
    2) Add a SSD .

Thanks for reminding me @vkk.

When you are short on RAM and all your RAM is used up, windows will begin to use virtual memory. Virtual memory acts like a RAM, but it uses part of a storage drive(in your case the HDD). Your HDD acting as RAM will make it to constantly read and write a lot of files, which severely slows it down.

You can either disable virtual memory(without it the programs won't run, because you are missing enough RAM) or add more RAM.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• I do not recommend deactivating virtual memory, since windows will use only a portion of the hd storage, only when it's needed! However you can decrease the size of virtual memory!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LaughterS
    aight thanks a lot everyone, I'll head out in a bit and try to borrow another 4gb of RAM and see what will happen. :)
  • vkk
    vkk Member Posts: 82 Fixer WiFi Icon
    I wonder why did Acer ever  build a  gaming system with 4GB RAM . Was that for  people who want to play Minesweeper and tetris ?  
  • LaughterS
    No idea, ***** I can't even work on this laptop. I usually run Lightroom + Chrome on my PC, now I can't even show my clients my lightroom gallery since it hangs a lot on lightroom alone. :/
  • You can disable some services to free more ram:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LaughterS
    So, I bought an extra 4gb RAM and I think it solves it..
  • You can disable some services to free more ram:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer