Battery Problems. Aspire VN7-592G

alienated
alienated Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi. I'm currently using a Aspire VN7-592G, for about 3 years ago. Recently, the my laptop can't seem to be able to run on battery power. It need to have an adapter plug-in in order to on. The battery seems to be charging, but the percentage of the battery isn't increasing at all. Is there anyway to fix this problem? 

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,842 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    >>>If I bring it for servicing at Acer, how much would it cost? I'm from Singapore. >>>

You must contact ACER Singapore for a cost estimate thru this link https://www.acer.com/ac/en/SG/content/support . Or you could try a local computer laptop repair shop for a cost estimate. It could be that you simply need to replace the battery. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Open Device Manager. Click batteries folder. Uninstall Microsoft ACPI-compliant control. Exit Device Manager. Reboot the machine and let Windows re-detect the control hardware and re-install the driver. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• alienated
    JackE said:
    Open Device Manager. Click batteries folder. Uninstall Microsoft ACPI-compliant control. Exit Device Manager. Reboot the machine and let Windows re-detect the control hardware and re-install the driver. Jack E/NJ
    Hi. Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work. Is there anything else i can do? 
  • JackE
    Open administrator command prompt. Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Open resulting output file 'battery-report.html' in your browser. Scroll down to 'battery capacity history'. Compare 'design capacity' with latest 'full charge capacity' . Report back with results. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• alienated
    JackE said:
    Open administrator command prompt. Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Open resulting output file 'battery-report.html' in your browser. Scroll down to 'battery capacity history'. Compare 'design capacity' with latest 'full charge capacity' . Report back with results. Jack E/NJ
    Hi JackE, the results state full charge capacity at 35,750mWh, and design capacity at 52,475mWh. Do you need the html file to take a look? 
  • JackE
    OK. While the machine's running with the charger plugged in, disconnect the charger. After it automatically shuts down, plug the charger back in and boot the machine up again. The run 'powercfg /batteryreport' again. How much percentage charge remaining was recorded just before and just at the time it suspended and shut down? Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• alienated
    JackE said:
    OK. While the machine's running with the charger plugged in, disconnect the charger. After it automatically shuts down, plug the charger back in and boot the machine up again. The run 'powercfg /batteryreport' again. How much percentage charge remaining was recorded just before and just at the time it suspended and shut down? Jack E/NJ  
    Hi, is it under recent usage? The report show 97%
  • JackE
    Yes, recent usage. It would be the very last entry similar to that shown below without AC source. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• alienated
    JackE said:
    Yes, recent usage. It would be the very last entry similar to that shown below without AC source. Jack E/NJ

Alright. From the recent usage, the percentage was at 97%. 
  • JackE
    If the battery was truly at 97% after pulling the plug, and it shut down, then I think you should peer into the laptop's charger jack to see if perhaps the contact for the plug's outer ring might be touching the center pin. If not, then either powercfg is wrong and the battery can't hold a charge. Or it holds charge but can't deliver it to the mainboard. The latter may simply require re-seating the battery connector a few times to clean the contacts. Unfortunately, to get at the connector, it'll require removing 12 screws from the lower case and prying it away from the upper case and keyboard.   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• alienated
    edited January 2019
    JackE said:
    If the battery was truly at 97% after pulling the plug, and it shut down, then I think you should peer into the laptop's charger jack to see if perhaps the contact for the plug's outer ring might be touching the center pin. If not, then either powercfg is wrong and the battery can't hold a charge. Or it holds charge but can't deliver it to the mainboard. The latter may simply require re-seating the battery connector a few times to clean the contacts. Unfortunately, to get at the connector, it'll require removing 12 screws from the lower case and prying it away from the upper case and keyboard.   Jack E/NJ
    Hi. Do you think it may be a trip in the mainboard? This problem started after i disconnect my charger, and i could hear a trip/tick sound before my laptop shut down.  Regarding to the battery connector, I'm afraid to pry it open as I'm just an amateur. The process may damage my laptop. 
  • alienated
    JackE said:
    If I bring it for servicing at Acer, how much would it cost? I'm from Singapore. 
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>If I bring it for servicing at Acer, how much would it cost? I'm from Singapore. >>>

You must contact ACER Singapore for a cost estimate thru this link https://www.acer.com/ac/en/SG/content/support . Or you could try a local computer laptop repair shop for a cost estimate. It could be that you simply need to replace the battery. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• alienated
    JackE said:

Alright, thanks for the help over the past few days. I'll close this question.