Where to go for Storage upgrade(SSD) ?

Options
anuraagkhare2121
anuraagkhare2121 Member Posts: 35 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I want to add a SSD storage in my Acer nitro 5 (AMD). I can buy one from amazon and install it on my own but I read somewhere that opening incorrectly might void my laptop's warranty so I want to know If I need to visit authorised service centre or I may do it on my own? Also Would a normal Computer repair shop do it cause authorised service centres are very far from where I live.

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If there are warranty void seals preventing you access to screw/s removing it will void the warranty. If you are in the US warranty void stickers are not valid and can be removed without voiding the warranty unless you break the device.

Bringing the laptop to a normal computer shop/service(unauthorised service) is the same as you taking the laptop apart. 
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If there are warranty void seals preventing you access to screw/s removing it will void the warranty. If you are in the US warranty void stickers are not valid and can be removed without voiding the warranty unless you break the device.

Bringing the laptop to a normal computer shop/service(unauthorised service) is the same as you taking the laptop apart. 
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!