Bios Update for Aspire TC 885

Rolasmith
Rolasmith Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I'm new to Acer products so I'm finding my way round. I checked the current version of firmware which is R01-A2 when checking for updates it tells me R01-B01 is available.
My questions are 1) Is this BIOS compatible with my Desktop. 2) Should I update the BIOS. 3) How do I update the BIOS (is there a tool)
Ro Smith

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Usually R01 and R02 are for the different models, so R01-B1 should be compatible with your system. If it isn't compatible the installation won't proceed anyway.

Unfortunately, Acer seems to provide hardly any info on the BIOSes that they make.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    I wouldn't advice updating the BIOS if you don't experience any bugs. 

The BIOS that is available from Acer is just download and run. You extract the file from the archive and run it. Usually the PC hen restarts and flashes the BIOS and then restarts again after the installation.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Rolasmith
    Rolasmith Member Posts: 2 New User
    My problem is I can't find any documentation on what bug fixes are in R01-B01 to know whether I should install it.
    I've seen on other posts that there are A & B versions for different models is 
    R01-A2 for one and R01-B01 for another?
    I bought the 
    Aspire TC 885 (i7-8700) new this year, I increased the 4GB Memory to 16GB, everything is working fine.
    I just want to ensure that my machine is current, so I want to know whether R01-B01 compatible with my PC?
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    Usually R01 and R02 are for the different models, so R01-B1 should be compatible with your system. If it isn't compatible the installation won't proceed anyway.

Unfortunately, Acer seems to provide hardly any info on the BIOSes that they make.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system