General Cost Range for Aspire E5-576-392H

Options
nichtsmehr
nichtsmehr Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I just got my E5-576-392H a month ago (purchased via Amazon) and dropped it, damaging the case a little and making the front right USB2 port inoperable. Otherwise everything else works fine. For my peace of mind, I was wondering how much repairs range in general, so that I can judge whether I should bother sending it in for a repair just to assuage my guilt or just live with the damage and the guilt.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    The repair centres don't work by repairing the USB port, but by replacing the whole PCB on which the port itself is attached to.

I don't know how much would they charge, as that depends on country and region.

By the front right USB port do you mean the front right when the laptop is face up or upside down? If the damaged USB port is located on the right side when the laptop is face up the repair won't be expensive, as the port is on a little PCB connected to the motherboard with a ribbon cable. If the cable or the PCB is damaged the cost of replacement will be little.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!