M.2 SSD Compatibility of TC-780

DJKuulA
DJKuulA Member Posts: 1 New User
Hi, I have a TC-780 desktop (i5-6400). There's an m.2 port on the motherboard, but I can't find the compatibility specs anywhere. How can I identify which SSDs would be compatible?

Answers

• didine
    didine Member Posts: 1 New User
    good morning
    I bought disk ssd m2 nevm .
    I made Windows as a clone on the hard drive.From the main hard drive of your computer to the original Windows that came with the device
    The first time, it worked normally, and after the hard disk was coded, you could no longer access it
    And the morning asks for the password, and when I want to configure it, it does not set it up 
    Tell me partision non aloué
  • guest2021
    guest2021 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

didine said:
    good morning
    I made Windows as a clone on the hard drive.From the main hard drive of your computer to the original Windows that came with the device
    The first time, it worked normally, and after the hard disk was coded, you could no longer access it
    And the morning asks for the password, and when I want to configure it, it does not set it up 

How did you install NVMe sdd? I have Aspire TC-780-UR12 i5-7400. I see M-key slot but can't find any info about the board supporting NVMe. Maybe you bought SATA drive B+M key? I only see few those now. I'm looking into nvme sdd. Haven't bought one yet.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,440 Trailblazer
    According to Acer's specs the M.2 slot is for a M.2 SATA drive, not NVMe. The bus off the chipset however is a PCIe 3.0 x2, so an NVMe x2 might work, but you are on your own there. An NVMe x2 and a SATA are going to be fairly similar in speed though...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • guest2021
    guest2021 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

guest2021 said:
    didine said:
    good morning

How did you install NVMe sdd? I have Aspire TC-780-UR12 i5-7400. I see M-key slot but can't find any info about the board supporting NVMe. Maybe you bought SATA drive B+M key? I only see few those now. I'm looking into nvme sdd. Haven't bought one yet.

Can't edit or delete old comments so i'll answer my own question. Installed m.2 nvme pci-e gen 3 samsung 500gb ssd. Works fine at about sata speed. I'm about to remove my old primary ssd. Board recognized 3 drives i have. M.2 and two 2.5 sata ssds.