Predator helios 300 PH317-52 - Keyboard backlit problem.

Options
2»

Answers

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    xapim said:
    XdxD glad to know as there aren't any specs about each bios functions added in each update anywhere for any model (not moving up anyway 1.20 works fine :p ) but i know in fact the nitro 1.22 bios has the timeout and only upgrading to the latest you can disable it :)

True enough. Acer should provide detailed changelogs if they want users to really update BIOS.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • jpmilagrosa
    jpmilagrosa Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

There is no keyboard lighting timeout. please help me

• aceerfan
    aceerfan Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    have you guys try to see the setting in predator sense. on my helios 300 2019 it seem to allow me to switch the timeout for keyboard off.
    Tips 1: For gaming laptop make sure before you shut down especially after a heavy gaming session to let it cool down for at least 10min before you switch it off!

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options

There is no keyboard lighting timeout. please help me

Which BIOS and which model?
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Abu_tanimu
    Abu_tanimu Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Jack22 said: 
    @zkiprov
    Did you try this
    Press function key (Fn) + F9 to turn the lighting on or off

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Yes, this work for me 
  • Ronaldorawat
    Ronaldorawat Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    zkiprov said:
    I have ph317-52. Problem is my keyboard backlit goes off (after couple of seconds of not being used ) while connected to power like its running on battery. This happened after windows 10 reinstall. The backlit no longer stays active for unlimited time while connected to power. I didn't have problem before I reinstalled the windows. All drivers from acer website are installed. I also noticed that power connecting sound( the beep) is gone too. Maybe the 2 problems are connected?!
    If you press the "Predator Sense Key", there you will get an option to turn off the keyboard lighting after 30 sec option under "Settings". I am not sure about Nitro 5 or any other model. You can try doing that through BIOS settings.
  • mhaykala
    mhaykala Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    you could disbale 30 seconds automatic turn off keyboard in predator sense right now. here is the image 
This discussion has been closed.