Change cooling Predator Orion 9000

Donkerg
Donkerg Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Hi all. 

I would like to change my cooling for the CPU from air to Water. Does anyone whith a higher model of Predator 9000 know what type of watercooling is installed ?
I,ve called Acer, but they claim they cannot help me with specifics of other models with water cooling. 

Thanks 

Comments

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    It's not a simple process and I'm not sure the cooler kit would need more pieces, which might be the reason they couldn't give the info. Here's the cooler kit itself:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Donkerg

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    It's not a simple process and I'm not sure the cooler kit would need more pieces, which might be the reason they couldn't give the info. Here's the cooler kit itself:

Thanks, i`ll try Google to find the part. 
  • Donkerg

Tinkerer

Well, finally have some time to update this topic.  I ordered the Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB and installed it into the top of the PC. The radiator is under the frame, the fans are on top of the frame. It fits very tightly, the back fan has to be disconnected and removed, otherwis you won`t ge the cooler in. To my surprise, the Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB did not have illuminated fans. So also bought Corsair ML120 PRO fans and  a Lightning Node Pro. 
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Donkerg said:
    Well, finally have some time to update this topic.  I ordered the Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB and installed it into the top of the PC. The radiator is under the frame, the fans are on top of the frame. It fits very tightly, the back fan has to be disconnected and removed, otherwis you won`t ge the cooler in. To my surprise, the Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB did not have illuminated fans. So also bought Corsair ML120 PRO fans and  a Lightning Node Pro. 
    By looking at the mounting points, do you think any 240mmx120mm radiator will work on top? Why did you decide to mount a 360mm radiator when there seems to be room for a 240mm only?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!