My Acer Preator Helios 300 Still has Frame Drops!

DjCake03
DjCake03 Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I recently purchased a Predator Helios 300 PH315-51 laptop about 3 Weeks ago. When I play I will get unusual frame drops from most of my games. They tend to run incredibly well for the most part, but then out of know where the drop for 10-20 sec. I have posted moltaple posted and some help but still it’s the same as it was before I tried the fix. I don’t what I should do but I hope some one can help me.

I Under undervolted the cpu
Uninstalled  Norton

Specs:
Intel 6-Core i7-8750H
Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
16GB DDR4 RAM
256GB SSD

Answers

• DjCake03
    DjCake03 Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
    Sorry For the bad spelling
  • Elmex23
    Elmex23 Member Posts: 1 New User
    i have the same laptop and the same problem. even i play rb6 with low settings my fps fall down for a few secounds and the gpu is on 98 prozent.

Last i played the game without starting predator sense, and it seems that the framedrops wasnt so often.
    but i dont know if its good for the computer to play without predator sense.....??
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    1. Check out forums on here for undervolting, or follow links in my signature - will drop temps by about 20 degrees centigrade if you undervolt both cpu and gpu.
    2. For heaven's sake, turn off windows task manager, and Predator Sense (fans auto and cool boost on). These two chomp CPU to a nice 5-15%. Windows 10 task manager is notorious cos of the number of items it monitors.

@DjCake03 Posting multiple new threads actually do more harm than good. Stick to one thread you created. People tend to ignore if they realize a user posting same issue across multiple threads (this is considering spamming pretty much).

@DjCake03
    1. Optimize windows.. i mean.. this is REALLY needed! Turn off windows search! If possible, remove all apps of windows store that you do not need.
    2. Keep antivirus (i have avast internet security + tune up utilities on all the time); they won't hurt much.
    3. Undervolt CPU and GPU
    4. Close Predator Sense. If you undervolt GPU using MSI Afterburner, pause the monitoring graph.

Pointer: Open task manager, switch to CPU graph display, leave the system idle for 5 minutes; the CPU usage should stay under 5%. If not, there is something going on in the background in the system and this needs to be taken care of.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • VenturaDan
    VenturaDan Member Posts: 24 Troubleshooter
    hey mate after contacting acer , they adviced me to do the latest Bios update .
    worked like a charm.
    very recommended 

Good luck.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    hey mate after contacting acer , they adviced me to do the latest Bios update .
    worked like a charm.
    very recommended 

Good luck.
    Nice to see the issue resolved!
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045