Audio Jack Configuring Problem PLEASE HELP!

A_Stranger
A_Stranger Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, i use to have this menu pop up whenever i plug in a device into my 3.5mm audio jack and it would let me choose what i wanted the device to do (Speakers, Headphone, Headset, microphone) but i accidently pressed the "Remember my settings" option and now it won't show up anymore, can someone help me find a way to getting the menu to come back?

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Hello, i use to have this menu pop up whenever i plug in a device into my 3.5mm audio jack and it would let me choose what i wanted the device to do (Speakers, Headphone, Headset, microphone) but i accidently pressed the "Remember my settings" option and now it won't show up anymore, can someone help me find a way to getting the menu to come back?
    Go to device manager and uninstall the Audio drivers ( Do not check the box that says delete driver software ). Post uninstall restart the device and re-connect the cable to get the options.

If you do not see the options after the above steps. then try this. Go to control panel, change the category to small icons and look for realtek high definition audio setup by clicking on this you should see the wizard.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Bash61949
    Bash61949 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I did the same, Now I lost everything

• Bash61949

Tinkerer

Dolby is completely gone from laptop
    realtek is malfuntioning
  • Bash61949