Z5761 bios recovery

Options
corigins
corigins Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Hello
Guilty of trying to update a BIOS when there was no real need to, for an Acer AIO Z5751 computer with Windows 7. I performed the Windows update procedure (mistake #1?) and it appeared like it had finished. So I pressed close and rebooted. It now only boots to the POST screen with "Del for BIOS and F12 for boot options" and no further. Pressing Del or F12 presents you with "please wait..."
I was wondering if anybody was in touch with the BIOS recovery procedure that is relevant for this model or series?

Best Answer

• corigins

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again. Did solve with following caveats:
    1. Previous bad flash didn't wipe out the boot block so I knew I could at least boot something and try to re-update via DOS,
    2. Unfortunately USB wasn't working and optical drive wasn't opening so I thought to try a bootable HDD,
    3. Using Rufus and advanced options, I created a bootable HDD with FreeDOS,
    4. Disconnecting the system HDD temporarily I plugged in the bootable FreeDOS HDD, which also had ROM file (unedited) and AFUDOS exe,
    5. Following proper process and command syntax I was able to reflash the BIOS successfully!

Maybe this could help someone else.

Answers

• corigins

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again. Did solve with following caveats:
    1. Previous bad flash didn't wipe out the boot block so I knew I could at least boot something and try to re-update via DOS,
    2. Unfortunately USB wasn't working and optical drive wasn't opening so I thought to try a bootable HDD,
    3. Using Rufus and advanced options, I created a bootable HDD with FreeDOS,
    4. Disconnecting the system HDD temporarily I plugged in the bootable FreeDOS HDD, which also had ROM file (unedited) and AFUDOS exe,
    5. Following proper process and command syntax I was able to reflash the BIOS successfully!

Maybe this could help someone else.